• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat stands, good for bench press?

Can't see why not, but I would get the shits adjusting them and setting them up for benching, then squats, then dips etc etc, seems like a pain in the ass. but then again I am lazy:p

Im looking into getting these squat stand from gym direct

SST2 Adjustable Width Squat Barbell Rack with Dip handles

Are they ideal for bench pressing and military pressing too?

ANd are the dip handle any good?
i have this stand, along with this bench,
Flat Bench _FBEV

its good for squats, the only thing i found bad was setting up though (i normally push against the bar when setting up for a squat) because u cant push against them because they move/tip over.

benching on it at first was a pain with the bench i have (above link) because the bench is actually too short fot the shortest setting on the stand (only by a few cm, also keep in mint that my bench stroke is huge, so if ur arms are short u may have a problem) so what i done was drill a hole in each side of the stand so that the stands would go all the way down (the stand can go down 2-3cm if u dont have the locking pins/safties in) because i wanted to use the safties with it on the lowes possible height (wouldnt of needed to do that except was going heavy and wanted them there because i was training alone) also i have my bench standing on some ply wood to make up some extra height.
so if your bench is taller then the one i have u shouldnt have a problem with rack heights :)

not 100% sure on dip attachment, seems a little to wide apart for me, but then idk how it should feel because i dont/cant do a full dip hahahahaha :D:p

Last edited:
I bought something similar and within 2 months I bought a cage. If you train alone and have the space it's worth the money.

Power rack is a million times better but I don't like the dip attachment that you can get with it. But I think I'm alone on that because it seems most other people like it.

i have this stand, along with this bench,
Flat Bench _FBEV

its good for squats, the only thing i found bad was setting up though (i normally push against the bar when setting up for a squat) because u cant push against them because they move/tip over.

benching on it at first was a pain with the bench i have (above link) because the bench is actually too short fot the shortest setting on the stand (only by a few cm, also keep in mint that my bench stroke is huge, so if ur arms are short u may have a problem) so what i done was drill a hole in each side of the stand so that the stands would go all the way down (the stand can go down 2-3cm if u dont have the locking pins/safties in) because i wanted to use the safties with it on the lowes possible height (wouldnt of needed to do that except was going heavy and wanted them there because i was training alone) also i have my bench standing on some ply wood to make up some extra height.
so if your bench is taller then the one i have u shouldnt have a problem with rack heights :)

not 100% sure on dip attachment, seems a little to wide apart for me, but then idk how it should feel because i dont/cant do a full dip hahahahaha :D:p
Im getting this bench to go with it, do you think it will be tall enough? cause im only 5'5

Adjustable Flat Incline Bench (FIBEV)

lol im an average height, i prefer being shorter and built like a brick shit house rather then tall and lanky :D:p

im 5'8 as well:p Same, being short = can fill out frame easier. + Not needing to eat 6000 calories a day as some of the really tall blokes.

lol @ graham hahaha

its all about the leverages brew. it will help u build dem mucles for da girls. hahaha