• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodyworx multi lever gym & bench l500lg

J

jlamn

Hi
I am looking at getting a bench. I am new to this but know that safety is a key when getting a bench and considering i will most likely not have anyone there to spot me i was looking at the below:

Bodyworx Multi Lever Gym and Bench - Buy Cheap Bodyworx Multi Lever Gym and Bench discount online - Fitness Market
BODYWORX MULTI LEVER GYM & BENCH
Model: L500LG

Does anyone have any opinions on this unit? Its probably more than i want to spend but i dont want to buy a piece of crap that will break in 6 months or even jepoardise my safety.
Any feedback or other suggestions on equipment would be greatly appreciated. This needs to fit in my garage with my car so space is also an issue for me.

thanks for the feedback. Its not much of a ringing endorsement for the product. Are bodyworx products bad in general?
I would love to go the powertec but its a bit expensive and would take too much space.
Any suggestions on a bench that is safe a durable?

You looking at the whole set up??

Looks a bit fandangled to me ie too much crap attached to it.

A power rack and solid bench is all you really need to get started.

This would kill it if you want some pulley stuff as well:
BPR02 Power Rack with High Low Pulley

And get this to go with it:
Adjustable Flat Incline Bench (FIBEV)

Will take up no more room, will be a pleasure to use, will be safe, and will be able to take you as far as you want to go in this sport.

Personally I prefer the rack, but any of the MM gear seems pretty good from what I have seen:)

thanks for your help. I will need to see what i can fit with the space i have. Do you reckon a boxing bag could be hung from this rack?

i've just got one of these: MMPR Power Rack

this, plus a simple flat bench and a weight tree takes up less than half the space than my squat rack + bench press did. footprint is about 1.4m x 1.3m. the frame is about 2m high plus an extra 20cm or so for the overhead chin/pull up bar. fits nicely between the trusses in my garage. very happy with it.

definitely worth considering as a better option than the multifunction bench which will also take a lot of space (unless it folds up or something?), doesn't offer much in the way of safety for solo workouts and is still quite expensive

i need to see what i can fit. I have plenty of space to use the rack as i can leave the car outside when i do use it. The problem is i need to store it in a approximately 1m x 2m space so that my car can be parked. I dont even know how hard it would be to move one of these racks around.

I need to see what that bit sticking out at the base of the BPR02 Power is. Its supposed to be 1450mm deep so it would be ideal if the feet section at the front is 50cm but i doubt it...

ok so i got some info from gym direct and i could fit the BPR02 Power Rack.
However, i emailed Sam's Fitness about the Powertec power rack and it looks like i could fit that as well.
Its a bit more expensive but the Powertec has a pretty good reputation and the BPR02 weighs about 60kg whereas the Powertec weighs 100kg.
I am leaning towards the Powertec.
I would love to get the MMPR Power Rack but the depth wouldnt work out for me because of my car.