PDA

View Full Version : Kiddie gyms being set up for tubby toddlers

Admin
29-09-2011, 12:26 PM
CHILD-sized gyms with weight benches, treadmills and rowers for those as young as three are being set up in family homes and childcare centres. But mini-gyms for tots - the latest salvo in the fight against childhood obesity - have been criticised as going too far and potentially dangerous if not monitored, The Daily Telegraph reported. (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/kiddie-gyms-for-tubby-toddlers/story-e6freuzi-1226150375312)
Childcare centres are setting up gym rooms, some charging a small membership fee for toddlers, fitness equipment companies say.
One range by PlaySafe Kids includes a weight bench with 2kg weights, an exercise bike, pint-sized rowers, an air-walker, exercise pony and non-motorised treadmills.

Read more: Kiddie gyms being set up for tubby toddlers | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/national/kiddie-gyms-for-tubby-toddlers/story-e6frfkvr-1226150686443#ixzz1ZIhRYTnH)

Goosey
29-09-2011, 12:42 PM
That's fantastic news, we are preparing a whole new generation for fitness-first

DKD
29-09-2011, 03:45 PM
I usually let my 8 yo young fella into my garage for the first 10 minutes of my workouts. I've got a punching bag that he loves smashing the crap out of, and a 3kg dumbbell that he likes to do 1 arm oh presses with, around 30-40 reps. He also does hilarious negative single reps on the dip attachment (basically just collapses once he gets up on it).

But when I actually start the workout I piss him off back to the house. Gyms for kids are just an accident waiting to happen. Just let them run around outside, kick balls, climb trees etc.

Admin
29-09-2011, 04:09 PM
got a punching bag out the back that my lil nephew likes to use , and also one of those punching balls on a spring stick , he loves that thing

him and my niece will do pushups and situps with me , but that's just about it

Figjam Brah
30-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Probably not a bad idea. I'm worried that kids of today might be too soft when they are older, everything seems to safe...