• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kiddie gyms being set up for tubby toddlers

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
CHILD-sized gyms with weight benches, treadmills and rowers for those as young as three are being set up in family homes and childcare centres. But mini-gyms for tots - the latest salvo in the fight against childhood obesity - have been criticised as going too far and potentially dangerous if not monitored, The Daily Telegraph reported.
Childcare centres are setting up gym rooms, some charging a small membership fee for toddlers, fitness equipment companies say.
One range by PlaySafe Kids includes a weight bench with 2kg weights, an exercise bike, pint-sized rowers, an air-walker, exercise pony and non-motorised treadmills.

I usually let my 8 yo young fella into my garage for the first 10 minutes of my workouts. I've got a punching bag that he loves smashing the crap out of, and a 3kg dumbbell that he likes to do 1 arm oh presses with, around 30-40 reps. He also does hilarious negative single reps on the dip attachment (basically just collapses once he gets up on it).

But when I actually start the workout I piss him off back to the house. Gyms for kids are just an accident waiting to happen. Just let them run around outside, kick balls, climb trees etc.

Last edited:
got a punching bag out the back that my lil nephew likes to use , and also one of those punching balls on a spring stick , he loves that thing

him and my niece will do pushups and situps with me , but that's just about it

Probably not a bad idea. I'm worried that kids of today might be too soft when they are older, everything seems to safe...