• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

achilles tendon

Sydking

Had a problem with these ever since i play footy at around 13.

i was doing running about 25k a week early last year and i didnet have much of a problem, Alot of skipping for boxing to so they might of made them strong.

Back into the running now and there killing me, i feel my calfs arent as strong with out muay thai the last 6 months,

Ive booked phisyo for tmorrow but tbh there pretty crap, just feel good a while after and back to sore again,

Anyone else with this problem?

I've started competitive soccer after 30 years away from it, and not having run for some some years. First it was my quads that were in total pain, but they have finally broken through the other side through use, and I'm pain-free. But now, its my Achilles starting to ache.

Might see the physio next week - but mostly, compared to the quad pain I had, this is nuthin'!! ;)

For nearly 6 months I've had fairly bad pain/inflammation in my Achilles tendons whenever I wake up and get out of bed or whenever I've been sitting down for a while. The pain generally goes away after 10-15seconds of being on my feet, fairly annoying.

I feel like it might have gotten slightly better recently as I've been doing calf exercises. Haven't seen a physio about it yet. I have fairly tight hamstrings/calves and I'm fairly sure this started after I started stretching to try and loosen up those muscles. Anyone else had a similar problem?

mines not as bad as pain in the morning ect, i was running a good 30k a week last year to drop some weight and my legs would carry me no matter what, Muay thai and a shit load of skipping helped with building the calfs and i think that heleped alot,

Went to physio and usal ultrasound ect, I need to stretch, My main problem i think, Last year i paid a lot more attetnion to streching ect and it really dose help.