• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need help with workout and diet plan.

Jasbugg

Hi im 19 and female and am just getting into working out mainly been doing cardio at the moment, but i need to lose alot of body fat but would also like some muscle but not too much that it stands out alot.

At the moment i weigh 90kgs and would like to get down to 70kgs (my first goal), but have no idea about nutrition, if i should have supplements, pre workout/postworkout stuff! so i would like as much advice as possible :) thanks :D

Hi im 19 and female and am just getting into working out mainly been doing cardio at the moment, but i need to lose alot of body fat but would also like some muscle but not too much that it stands out alot.

At the moment i weigh 90kgs and would like to get down to 70kgs (my first goal), but have no idea about nutrition, if i should have supplements, pre workout/postworkout stuff! so i would like as much advice as possible :) thanks :D
This will never happen, you know why? Because you won't let it. The very moment you see some muscle you'll want more and if one day you think you have enough you can train to maintain, so you will never have too much muscle.

Ease up on the cardio and lift weights 3 times per week concentrating on upper body one day and lower body next day and keep alternating.
Cardio can be done on non-weight training days 2-3 times per week.

All the best.

It is very important to work your muscle as this is what burns the most energy in your body. Larger/denser muscle = more calories burnt while doing daily activities which means you should lose more fat and keep it off for longer.

Doing intense cardio is very healthy for your heart and lungs, but only burns calories while you are doing the exercise. When you lift weights, you not only burn calories while you are training, but for hours after as your body kicks into gear and starts repairing tiny microscopic tears in the muscle tissue, the more this happens, the more tissue is repaired and this is how they grow. Another reason why resistance training is better than just cardio for fat loss imho

Surely some more knowledgeable people will give you more detailed diet info. Just eat clean, lean meat, veggies, eggs, beans, almonds/natural cashews etc. Supps are only there to supplement your diet so get that up to scratch and you wont need them

Good luck :)

Gary

It is very important to work your muscle as this is what burns the most energy in your body. Larger/denser muscle = more calories burnt while doing daily activities which means you should lose more fat and keep it off for longer.

Doing intense cardio is very healthy for your heart and lungs, but only burns calories while you are doing the exercise. When you lift weights, you not only burn calories while you are training, but for hours after as your body kicks into gear and starts repairing tiny microscopic tears in the muscle tissue, the more this happens, the more tissue is repaired and this is how they grow. Another reason why resistance training is better than just cardio for fat loss imho

Surely some more knowledgeable people will give you more detailed diet info. Just eat clean, lean meat, veggies, eggs, beans, almonds/natural cashews etc. Supps are only there to supplement your diet so get that up to scratch and you wont need them

Good luck :)

Gary

Definitely. I know of girls that have constantly pounded the treadmill for naught but bad knees, then switched to primarily weight training and have had immediate weight loss.

I know of girls that have constantly pounded the treadmill for naught but bad knees

I've only done cardio so far, because of lack of knowledge on weights to do etc. I've read some other threads and have some what of an idea for the moment i think
*fingers crossed*

There is plenty of info here, you have come to the right place! Be sure to check out the female section if you havent already. The exercises should be the same for all beginners anyway, boys and girls, but there are some good threads in there.
Female Training Discussion - Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding

Squats and deadlifts are the most important exercises, they work the most amount of muscle from the ankle to your neck. Just start with a broom stick, watch some videos on youtube for the proper technique and enjoy yourself

Nutrition is a whole different discussion. Good to see you want to make changes, thats the right choice. I can recommend you a few supplements that are good for both males and females. If you do supplement your diet with some form of protein shake then that is fine. Don't go over-board with the protien though, just be sensible about it. Certain other compounds such as Glutamine/L-Leucine/L-Valine and another one have been shown to enhance recovery quite well.

I myself am male and have used a lot of steroids and other things in the past, but i have over time gathered information as to what suits females better. And to my knowlegde to this date these things are: good training routine/good diet/good lifestyle/things like stretching to maximum failure to really pull out your muscles to their maximum lengths thus giving you more flexibility. Yoga and/or Palates may be good for you. And last but not least is cardio, women can benefit so much from cardio its not funny.

Also many other supps i could name, but no need to go over-board i believe.