• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ephedra

kal-el

Im wondering if anyone here has used ephedra as a fat burner and what they thought of it?

Say for example if something had 25mg of ephedra per capsule, would that be an effective fat burner?

Are there any major side effects from using ephedra?

Its an eca stack, thats what its advertised as anyways.

Yes there can be side effects to using Ephedra, such as racing heart, jitters.

Ephedra or ephedrine is combined with aspirin and caffeine to form a proper ECA stack.

This stuff is combined with caffeine, small amount of yohimbine and some other asian sounding herbs.

Ive never really taken anything before, I dont even drink coffee so maybe its not a good idea for me to take these.

It would have White Willow Bark. This is the substitute for Aspirin. Yes??? Check label.

Yeah, it does have that in there.

Here are the two labels, they both have 25mg of ephedra in them.

Attachments

• supp_Asia_Black.jpg
    supp_Asia_Black.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 28
  • supp_China_White.jpg
    supp_China_White.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 23
Ok,
Just do some research before taking Ephedra and or ECA stack.

Are you trying to loose weight?

I have read stuff on the net but its mainly from other forums and stuff, thats why I thought Id get advice from here, been here for a while and can often tell who knows what theyre talking about.

Yeah been trying to lean down a bit past couple weeks, had a bodpod scan done today turns out im 20% bf so Im definitely trying to lean down now.

More than likely there would be no one or very few who would have used ECA. It has been prohibited for quite a while and I have not used it so I cannot offer real life experiences.
I have used Yohimbe though with moderate success.

Im wondering if anyone here has used ephedra as a fat burner and what they thought of it?

Say for example if something had 25mg of ephedra per capsule, would that be an effective fat burner?

Are there any major side effects from using ephedra?

Its an eca stack, thats what its advertised as anyways.

I've used eph as a stimulant, not really to burn fat but more to give me energy and keep me alert. Thing is eph is very unlikely to just burn fat off you, it will come down to your diet/training/lifestyle/genetics etc etc. I often find many stims make me crave high carb and high fat foods cause the stims burn off excess calories so my body wants to replace those lost calories with high calorie meals.

ECA Stack, caffeine prolongs the effect of the eph. Caffeine in no way has a synergistic effect with eph, this is what many people believe, but the truth is that eph works on completely different pathways and is far better and more powerful than caffeine. Caffeine simply prolongs the "Stim Effect" that one gets from the Eph. In all respect, you might actually feel better running EPH without any caffeine at all, thus giving yout body a break from caffeine. As for aspirin, up to you but beware aspirin can be very dangerous for some people, especially when used for long periods of time.

I used it, back when Twinlab products had it and before it was banned Stateside and here (early 90's).

If you like speeding about like you're on amphetamines (umm, you are!), yup, you'll love it. Not sure how effective a fat burner it actually was - I was dieting pretty good at the time, so hard to tell.

I used it, back when Twinlab products had it and before it was banned Stateside and here (early 90's).

If you like speeding about like you're on amphetamines (umm, you are!), yup, you'll love it. Not sure how effective a fat burner it actually was - I was dieting pretty good at the time, so hard to tell.

High Doses of Eph can cross the blood brain barrier, or even standard doses giving the compound strong amphetamine like effects. Also different routes of administration may alter the effects e.g. snorting Eph i found to give a more stronger effect and it came on faster. Eph is also a manufactured injectable drug Overseas, not too sure about here though, so it can be injected as well.

I dont normally have caffeine at all, so I wouldnt need a break from it.

Sounds like it might actually do me some good, Im always falling asleep in lectures it might keep me awake.

Im on a cal restricted diet too, so I dont expect it to do all the work, I know its just something that may help. Im 20% bf going from a bod pod, so concentrating on diet is probably best for now, I doubt itd do much for me at the moment.

Yeah, it does have that in there.

Here are the two labels, they both have 25mg of ephedra in them.

Thought it might be worth mentioning that both of those products have 'ephedra (extract)'. I've read somewhere before that the products that say ephedra extract generally aren't the real deal. The genuine products list ephedra alkaloids or ephedrine in their ingredients.

Not really. Ephedra is a drug and prohibited without prescription, so not a supplement.

I dont normally have caffeine at all, so I wouldnt need a break from it.

Sounds like it might actually do me some good, Im always falling asleep in lectures it might keep me awake.

Im on a cal restricted diet too, so I dont expect it to do all the work, I know its just something that may help. Im 20% bf going from a bod pod, so concentrating on diet is probably best for now, I doubt itd do much for me at the moment.

Well i guess i should have also said that caffeine itself is actually toxic to the liver, how toxic it is i don't know. But i do know that mega doses of caffeine can kill someone, there is definitely a cut-off point as to how much caffeine a person can handle.

Eph is probably the most popular weight loss stim used throughout the world, but just please be careful with it, cause people have died from over-doses of Eph. 25mg of Eph is really just a starting dose, i have heard of guys doing 100mg Eph x 3 ed stacked with plenty of other compounds. But for a first time user 25mg should be enough.