• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

chocchillimango

Hey everyone, made these up yesterday and they are seriously awesome. Fist pumping the air type awesome. A serve of just two gives you almost 32g protein and they're light and ultra low fat. Gluten and nut free too and won't cause bloating before a workout.
Have already posted them so here's the link: Blueberry & Lemon Protein Loaves … and The Taming of the FEW | Chocolate Chilli Mango

They are really good... *happy dance with a kettlebell*

Hey everyone, made these up yesterday and they are seriously awesome. Fist pumping the air type awesome. A serve of just two gives you almost 32g protein and they're light and ultra low fat. Gluten and nut free too and won't cause bloating before a workout.
Have already posted them so here's the link: Blueberry & Lemon Protein Loaves … and The Taming of the FEW | Chocolate Chilli Mango

They are really good... *happy dance with a kettlebell*

If I only have WPC & WPI can I just use them instead of rice / pea protein powder?

Hi guys, they are pretty good. I'm going to test out a chocolate raspberry version tonight...

@adamklam - the problem with whey is that it is very drying in baked goods. I use it for my unbaked protein bars but for these, having no flour etc, the whey will give them the texture of a brick. Especially the WPI *voice of bitter experience*. That's why I've invested in the pea protein and some rice as well. If you only get one, get the pea protein. You could use only that or maybe replace the rice protein with the WPC and see how it goes. I've got other low carb protein bars made with nuts/seeds on the same site. For those you can use only WPC quite happily. Hope that helps!

@adamklam you could even use some casein (not the hydrolysed one though, too bitter). But casein is better if you're making creamy stuff.

@adamklam you could even use some casein (not the hydrolysed one though, too bitter). But casein is better if you're making creamy stuff.

thanks ccm =)

I do have some casein at home so I might try that - will post up results if I ever get around to it!

OK, I said I was going to make something with chocolate and raspberries ... here they are.
If you think pea protein is for girls, well no it isn't ... but if you have to use whey...be prepared for icky texture or just put up with it but use WPC with a little casein.
Still, the pea rules in the baked snacks department.

These are not sweet so if you're feeling princessy about sugar, add more sweetener. Diehard cacao lovers (aka me) find these are just right as they are.
Let me know what you think! I usually scoff them with yoghurt, hazelnut or almond butter or protein fluff. Sensational "dessert". I keep them in the fridge...best the next day as the texture is just like flourless chocolate cake. WOW

Cocoa Raspberry Protein Cupcakes … once more with feeling | Chocolate Chilli Mango

Last edited:
It's really easy to make this stuff Adrian....trust me. I need to make a batch of the cocoa raspberry ones for me and my trainers today.
They need to learn how to bake too LOL:)