• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Elbow Sleeves

The Hamburgler

Spotter Loader
Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get some decent ones.

A few people have suggested knee sleeves that are a few sizes too small but I don't like the thickness of the material, yet don't want faggy skins lol

Like in the picture but non supportive (ie they just warm the joint)
5329_1173145922539_1044752348_30541.jpg

Tennis elbow sleeves like that are designed to provide pressure to the various tendons that insert around the elbow. Getting a non supportive sleeve will not help with this.

Yeah I understand that Dave. I'm gonna give just providing warmth a go first (along with massaging the forearms as this has helped, stretching the wrist flexors and training the extensors). If that fails I'll get a tennis elbow specific brace type thing

Are you falling apart?

I'm always falling apart lol

Minh gives me a better price :p

I'll need to work on the arms though as I measured mine at about 10" and a small TK sleeve is for 11-13.5 lol

I've used the brace you linked to for tennis elbow and didn't rate it.

Weighted eccentric wrist lowering exercises with a very light weight (like a coke can) for 3 sets of 10-25 reps with 2min rest and ice for 20mins after, prolotherapy and Physio cured my tennis elbow.

Thats exactly it, but only perform the lowering part of the lift and with a ridiculously light weight (like the coke can).

I bought a sleeve from chemist warehouse for around $10 and it done the trick keeping it warm, which in turn helped with lessening pain and increasing movement.

I had a large tear in my common extensor (tennis elbow is micro tears) and was on light duties at work and out of the gym for over 6 months. My advice would be to not underestimate this injury, rest for a good while and be consistent with the exercises and ice. high protein diet also assists in speeding up the healing.

But in saying that go see a professional don't take my advice as gospel, because we all know people are different and respond to different treatments.

All the best with your recovery mate, it's the most frustrating injury I've ever had.

In regards to the injury a fair number of tennis and golfers elbow issues are related to neural cervical spine area issues either due to muscles or boney structures.

Graham

If you are going to keep doing what you're doing, you're going to keep getting what your getting.

You are too young to keep breaking down and changing routine.

I will not say any more.

In regards to the injury a fair number of tennis and golfers elbow issues are related to neural cervical spine area issues either due to muscles or boney structures.

My Physio also told me this and I have issues with my neck as well so it makes sense.

Got some TK sleeves and noticed a difference (particularly squatting).

Hopefully these, some ice, massage and stretching will do the job.

Sleeves are great but from personal experience, I found that they weren't entirely necessarily - have a proper warm up before you workout, go through a series of stretches and have your fish oil (works for some, might not work for others). You may find that the 5-10 minutes (at best) spent performing this makes a hell of a lot difference to your workout/postworkout recovery. That being said, I've only ever used the sleeves from the chemist ($10-20). Out of curiosity The Hamburgler, have you noticed a great deal of difference from the TK sleeves?

Too early to tell on elbows but they made a huge difference on my knees. As it got colder leading into winter they start to ache a bit but the sleeves seemed to stop it.

I typically just like to wear them when I warm up then take them off for my working sets (then put them back on for any assistance work).

I used to take fish oil then stopped . . . I will have to start again and see if I notice any difference