• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cycling Mesocycle

0ni

Registered Rustler
Ok, a few people now have asked me for some information on training so I thought I'd go through my logs and type a few things up, sample cycles I did and for which events and the reasoning behind each training method.

The following mesocycle is what I used in preparation for a charity event, John o' Groats to Land's End. The total distance was 874 miles, with a century cycled on each day (100 miles) and a rest day on day 7. Took 10 days in total.

Ok, the 10 week mesocycle is split into two halves. Each half has 3 weeks building, a peak phase and a recovery phase. After the last recovery phase, the event begins.

Week 1:
Monday: 25 miles
Wednesday: 25 miles
Friday: 25 miles

Week 2:
Monday: 30 miles
Wednesday: 30 miles
Friday: 30 miles

Week 3:
Monday: 20 miles
Tuesday: 20 miles
Thursday: 20 miles