• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

choc/blueberry protein icecream

jzpowahz

Choc/blueberry protein ice cream
11%2B-%2B1

Ingredients
1 cup skim milk
1 cup low fat yoghurt
300ml light thickened cream
3 tspns unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup splenda
90g blueberries
1/4 tspn xanthum gum
1/4 tspn guar gum

Add all ingredients (except blueberries) into mixing bowl and whisk together.

Put in Cuisinart ice cream maker and turn on. Add blueberries when you think it is about 5mins to go.

Normally takes about 20-25mins all up.

Makes 1L icecream.
100ml serves (who are we kidding here :p)
114 cals 8/6/8 C/F/P

Nice JZ. You are innovative that is for sure!

I tried to make a 'protein pudding/mouse/ice cream' on the weekend.

Best one ended up being the following -

3 scoops of Choc WPC, 100grms of Ricotta Cheese, 30-50mls of water, 3 teaspoons of 'equal' and 15mls of coconut oil. All mixed together with a hand held mixer, but a spoon also did a good gob and it still came up smooth.

I tried a few other variations using cottage cheese (had a 'funny' taste to it and difficult to mix), yogurt (tasted great but didn't thicken up enough) and gelatine (tasted like ass and the texture like sand paper).

sounds interesting and pretty easy as well :)

This ice cream maker is simple as. Put the special bowl in freezer. Mix up your ingredients in seperate bowl. Take bowl out of freezer and pour ingredients in. Turn it on for 20mins. Done :)

jz, i am going to have to try some of your recipes, looks like good stuff!!

just a question, where do you get xanthum and guar gum? and how much was/is the icecream maker?

xanthum and guar gum I got from my local health store which was Flannery's. All of them will have it though.

The 1.5L ice cream maker was $80 odd off ebay. It'll pay for itself :p

BTW I'm not actually sure if they are "required" as it wasn't in the recipe book for the icecream maker but since I was making my own recipe and I had some on hand I thought I'd chuck them in to thicken it up a bit just in case.

haha yeah, the first one was just a quick snap of the inside of the tub. But yeah, it's good stuff. Can't wait to try out some more concoctions. Just picked some ripe passionfruit off the tree out the front so will be using them next time.

haha yeah, the first one was just a quick snap of the inside of the tub. But yeah, it's good stuff. Can't wait to try out some more concoctions. Just picked some ripe passionfruit off the tree out the front so will be using them next time.

I want to be your roommate lol. (no homo, maybe just a little bit)

Hows the creations going? Just got mine delivered today for 81 bucks, excited to get crackin as I got some protein cookies that I plan on making a cookies and cream version.

Did you add WPC to your original recipe? Also was it greek yoghurt or just plain?

no more done yet. Just stocked up on skinny cows on special so I'm sorted for a while :p

Yes it was whey, don't know if it was WPI or WPC. And I use easiyo low fat greek yoghurt.

No photos of my first attempt but I loved it, just used same milk/cream/yoghurt as below but put some protein cookies in it for choc cookies and cream.

My second attempt, 1 cup skim milk, 150ml light thick cream, 200g nat yoghurt and some mushed up berries.

imagewgc.jpg

nice :)

I did a cookies and cream one a week or so ago. Simplest "recipe" ever. 3 cups skim milk, 3 scoops vanilla whey, some splenda. Add some broken up biscuits of your choice at the end.

900 cals of protein icecream was devoured instantly. No time for photos haha.