• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinons on a leg press machine im purchasing

Fedor

Hi as the title states im purchasing a leg press off a guy from another forum its a avanti strength series sg 7001 leg press and squat machine second hand roughly 3 years old with a few plates for $500 heres a link: Dynamic Insight Fitness - Avanti Strength Series - SG-7001 Leg press hack squat
Ive been looking around everywhere to see reviews and such but cant seem to find anything the owner tells me the model is about 5 years old or more. To my knowledge avanti is a reasonable brand? What are you're thoughts on this leg press and have any of you used this before feedback is appreciated.

may i ask what are you buying a leg press for?
shouldnt squats and deadlifts be enough to work legs??
(also i dont like the look of the way you would squat on it, almost as bad as a smith machine, but thats just my opinion)

Last edited:
may i ask what are you buying a leg press for?
shouldnt squats and deadlifts be enough to work legs??
(also i dont like the look of the way you would squat on it, almost as bad as a smith machine, but thats just my opinion)

It's basically like a safety squat smith machine as far as bar placement etc goes

Personally I have found that anything which forces my ROM/knee tracking fucks my knee joints up something shocking (leg press, leg extensions, leg curls etc). Not sure if others have had similar problems/experiences

yea dudes including a weight tree some dumbells and about 200kg worth of olympic plates in 20's and 25's + the machine for $500 going to pick it up today.

Personally I have found that anything which forces my ROM/knee tracking fucks my knee joints up something shocking (leg press, leg extensions, leg curls etc). Not sure if others have had similar problems/experiences
I agree 100%, I had almost a year off squatting and switched to squat machine, leg press and leg extensions and it was a nightmare on my knees, back squatting again now and my knees are thanking me for it!

I agree 100%, I had almost a year off squatting and switched to squat machine, leg press and leg extensions and it was a nightmare on my knees, back squatting again now and my knees are thanking me for it!

More often than not you need to find middle ground.

I tried the middle ground, my knees didn't like anything that forced a ROM to take a certain path.

It's history now, I'm squatting again like a pig in shit.

A combination of both over a period of many years, rather than just doing one or the other.

Is it me?

Generally it's you. What's so hard to comprehend? My knees like to be free, yours don't care either way.

Moving on.

Generally it's you. What's so hard to comprehend? My knees like to be free, yours don't care either way.

Moving on.

DO you have itb problems?

stretch and roll that mofo ... it is the cause of my knee grief..