• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BPR02 rack

U

unit

Hi, Im 15 years old and ive been working out for the past few month at home with some dumbells and a pull up bar, but now its time to move onto some mass building lifts. Ive been looking for a power rack and ive found this one from a shop pretty close to where i live in sydney.

BPR02 Power Rack with High Low Pulley

I like this one as its a bit smaller than the others and is a bit cheaper too. But my question is, does anyone on here own one of these or tried it out?
Since its not heavy duty like the other does it shake/wabble when doing pull ups and dips off the side of the rack.

Also how is the pulley system like on it, i just plan on doing tricep pushdown, not lat pull downs as i can just do pull ups instead.

Save yourself the money on the cable and upgrade to a stronger rack.

Just do skull crushers, overhead DB extensions, JM presses or Tate presses as your triceps exercise

Hmmmm, what about the low pulley, for cable rows and bicep curls? Or would you say doing Barbell rows are better than that

Bent Over BB Rows, DB rows, DB curls, BB curls.

Dunno if BB curls are better than cable curls but they're cheaper lol

Well free weights always>cable , yeah kinda a waste of money and space getting the pulldown

The one in the link is only 1.6mm thick steel as well. Half as thick as the Iron Edge matrices.

Ideally you want something that is 3mm thick roughly.

Pay the extra $$$ and get something that will last a lot longer.

I am presuming you are not a powerlifter so plate quality will not matter much. Just get a nice-ish barbell and get some padding for the j-hooks on whatever rack you get (if it doesn't have it) to protect the knurling on your bar a bit

all you need when you first start lifting is a barbell, and maybe a rack, when i first started, i cleaned the weight for squats and any other lift that required a rack because i couldnt afford one. graham is right on the money where he says you dont need the pulleys and attachments, save the money you would spend on them and buy stuff that will last longer :) im also 15, havnt been lifting long (only like 9 months or something like that) but im not into bodybuilding, i powerlift :)

Deffinetly not getting a cable attackment to a powerrack now as it taqke up to much room and is pretty useless.

So its either the MMPR you suggested or them Powertec rack, the powertec rack is shorted by almost 20cm in length but im not sure about powertecs dip attackment cause they taper inwards. wouldnt this be kind of bad on the wrists.

Also powertec costs $1500 with 145kg weights, olympic barbell and some bench worth like $400, to be honest i dont need a bench worth that much its just a waste of money