• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you season your meat?

LAMMI

I'd like any ideas on how to season your meat guy's- especially your chicken. I'm getting desperate!

Currently I'm using "light seasoning for deep fried chicken" It has too many carbs.

Last edited:
Pataks butter chicken paste, chicken tonight, rogan paste.
Another one for rice is

Marinade chickens with soya sauce
Fish sauce
Oyster sauce
Garlic

Do not use to much oyster sauce or fish sauce as it can be salty.

For your deep fried chicken try this as a dip/side

3 tomatoes
3tb of fish sauce
1 clove of chopped up garlic
1tb of fish sauce
Add fresh chilli

If it's to salty, add a little bit of water or more sugar. I do everything by eye so I can't gve the exact amounts.

If it's a good steak no need for anything other than that rock salt an cracked pepper
An for chicken I like honey mustard , lemon chicken, sweet chilli chicken

This is copy pasted from my sisters site and it's my grandmother's recipe. It pretty much goes in a lot PRican cooking. For more flavor you can dice up a little bit of cooking ham and throw it in with some chicken stock. Tasty.

Sofrito

1 bunch Cilantro
8 leaves of culantro (if you can't find add some extra cilantro)
1 head of garlic
2 large onion
1/2 lb. sweet chili peppers
2 large green bell peppers
½ cup olives with pimientos
1 sm jar roasted red peppers
1 tbsp. capers
2 tbsp. crushed oregano
1 tbsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Rinse, peel and chop vegetables. Combine in food processor and puree.

U can find it in the grocery made by Goya but this is homemade. A lot of these ingredients u can pick out of a home vegetable garden. This can last a long time in the freezer and u can make it easy to separate by pouring into an Ice cube tray.

Smallfry, thanks a lot! I will use this on my next cheat meal! Semillon, go away, my father would cut your head off and take a dump down your throat for even looking at my mother.

Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Spicy BBQ seasoning or Pepper Steak seasoining. For my chicken I just use salt pepper, garlic and either Moroccan and Portuguese seasoning. Or just some chilli flakes and nutmeg!

variety of things:

Chicken
moroccan seasoning
peri peri
portuguese chicken
bacon salt
critter seasoning
lemon pepper
CHicken tonight lite sauce range
(marinade: lemon, honey, garlic)

Fish
Usually just lemon juice and some lemon pepper

Steak
steak spice
critter seasoning
pepper gravy

Roo
Usually cook this up in big chilli con carne style dishes so whatever goes into that.

Also, a good satay sauce can be made with just pb and lime juice in a saucepan. I use this on a variety of stuff.

MB: keen to try chilli flakes and nutmeg!

Lets just say there is a little bite to it JZ.

Also Vagetta and Paprika are good to use on both veggies and meat OR get some Balsamic Vinegar and cook it down to reduce it and use it as a dipping/thick sauce!

Abit of bbq sauce and away ya go...
Ronnie Coleman special BBQ sauce?

On a side note, I do this as a 'treat' when I'm having steak - full fat cheddar cheese (slightly melted) and some pepper and topped with a touch of BBQ sauce.........

I love ppl who go into huge detail about seasoning meat or trying to make food taste as good as possible...like honestly who cares just eat it...