PDA

View Full Version : No Bull's Choc-Mint WPI

Eman
26-08-2011, 01:29 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp3l2vg3xO1qls13x.jpg

/review.

Haha, but no, really.

Smell and Texture: Smelled exactly like what it is, not overwhelming but a great minty aroma. No complaints about texture, no clumps, just straight out powder.

Mixability: I normally mix my protein shakes with water, but I mixed this one with about 250ml's of skim milk and it only took a few shakes to dissolve completely. The last protein powder I used required at least 30 seconds of vigorous mixing.

Taste: (Refer to image above). I've got it right in front of me right now, and I seriously don't want it to finish. :p This is my first try at choc-mint and this is certainly setting the bar up high. Not too sweet but the taste is definitely there.

Service: I only got sent a sample, but I received it within 2 days of inquiring.

Overall: This is the best tasting protein I've had so far, so I'll definitely be ordering a bag or two of these once I finish my current tub of protein.

Thanks again for the sample, NB.

nobullsupplements
26-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Taste: (Refer to image above). I've got it right in front of me right now, and I seriously don't want it to finish. :p This is my first try at choc-mint and this is certainly setting the bar up high. Not too sweet but the taste is definitely there.

Haha!

eaglebay
26-08-2011, 07:01 PM
For me the mint was a little overpowering whan I had it in water for the first time as its unlike any protein shake I have had.

After reading your post I gave it a shot in 250ml low fat milk and man I think I just jizzed also! The mint is not as strong as in water, its not really that strong anyway so I think its just more my personal taste. But wow choc mint in milk is very good, I loved every drop

I am not looking forward to trying the chocolate in milk, I had better be sitting down when I do as that is already the best tasting chocolate protein shake I have ever had. It really is delicious!

machine75
28-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks No Bull Supplements for the Choc-Mint WPI sample. Here are my thoughts:

Smell - There was a very definite mint smell. It wasn't overwhelming for me but enough to the smell sense of the "gastronomic experience" firing.

Mixability - I mixed this up in 200mls of skim milk and it mixed easily in a shaker with no clumping.

Texture/Consistency - 200mls of milk yielded a shake with a nice consistency - not too thick not too thin, just the way I like it!

Taste - Let me first tell you of an experience I had with a choc-mint protein a while back. I got a sample of Gaspari's Myofusion from the Australian Grand Prix back in 2010. Mixed it up and it came out in this weird grey color. Slammed it down - on the onset, it tasted ok but certainly not choc-minty the way I know it to be. And, then it happened...some very nasty aftertaste!
The NBS sample was thankfully chocolate colored to start off with! :) And, I must say it tasted very good! It was definitely minty but I think they got the balance right as it wasn't overpowering. And to top it off - no aftertaste or milky whey taste - huge factors for me.

Price - As with the mango sample - I got this for free but I do think NBS products are well priced.

Overall - As I mentioned in my review of the NBS mango WPI, taste is a key consideration for me when choosing protein. While I'm not a die hard fan of choc-mint, I did enjoy this. And, this has given me confidence that I can buy their other flavors with confidence. I'm not sure what NBS is doing in the flavoring department but they're certainly pushing the right buttons! :eek: