• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No Bull's Choc-Mint WPI

Eman

tumblr_lp3l2vg3xO1qls13x.jpg

/review.

Haha, but no, really.

Smell and Texture: Smelled exactly like what it is, not overwhelming but a great minty aroma. No complaints about texture, no clumps, just straight out powder.

Mixability: I normally mix my protein shakes with water, but I mixed this one with about 250ml's of skim milk and it only took a few shakes to dissolve completely. The last protein powder I used required at least 30 seconds of vigorous mixing.

Taste: (Refer to image above). I've got it right in front of me right now, and I seriously don't want it to finish. :p This is my first try at choc-mint and this is certainly setting the bar up high. Not too sweet but the taste is definitely there.

Service: I only got sent a sample, but I received it within 2 days of inquiring.

Overall:
This is the best tasting protein I've had so far, so I'll definitely be ordering a bag or two of these once I finish my current tub of protein.

Thanks again for the sample, NB.

Taste: (Refer to image above). I've got it right in front of me right now, and I seriously don't want it to finish. :p This is my first try at choc-mint and this is certainly setting the bar up high. Not too sweet but the taste is definitely there.

Haha!

For me the mint was a little overpowering whan I had it in water for the first time as its unlike any protein shake I have had.

After reading your post I gave it a shot in 250ml low fat milk and man I think I just jizzed also! The mint is not as strong as in water, its not really that strong anyway so I think its just more my personal taste. But wow choc mint in milk is very good, I loved every drop

I am not looking forward to trying the chocolate in milk, I had better be sitting down when I do as that is already the best tasting chocolate protein shake I have ever had. It really is delicious!

Thanks No Bull Supplements for the Choc-Mint WPI sample. Here are my thoughts:

Smell
- There was a very definite mint smell. It wasn't overwhelming for me but enough to the smell sense of the "gastronomic experience" firing.

Mixability - I mixed this up in 200mls of skim milk and it mixed easily in a shaker with no clumping.

Texture/Consistency - 200mls of milk yielded a shake with a nice consistency - not too thick not too thin, just the way I like it!

Taste - Let me first tell you of an experience I had with a choc-mint protein a while back. I got a sample of Gaspari's Myofusion from the Australian Grand Prix back in 2010. Mixed it up and it came out in this weird grey color. Slammed it down - on the onset, it tasted ok but certainly not choc-minty the way I know it to be. And, then it happened...some very nasty aftertaste!
The NBS sample was thankfully chocolate colored to start off with! :) And, I must say it tasted very good! It was definitely minty but I think they got the balance right as it wasn't overpowering. And to top it off - no aftertaste or milky whey taste - huge factors for me.

Price - As with the mango sample - I got this for free but I do think NBS products are well priced.

Overall - As I mentioned in my review of the NBS mango WPI, taste is a key consideration for me when choosing protein. While I'm not a die hard fan of choc-mint, I did enjoy this. And, this has given me confidence that I can buy their other flavors with confidence. I'm not sure what NBS is doing in the flavoring department but they're certainly pushing the right buttons! :eek: