• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dammit

Rambodian

No I'm not cambodian
Felt a twinge in my back today at the gym, was going for a new PR squat @ 120kg and went down but on the way up I lent forward a little and felt a twinge in the bottom left side of my back. I'm so spewing, hope I can still train on Wednesday and Friday. Had a great bench session though, hit a new PR @ 90kgx3, so that was good, reckon I could do 100kgx1 soon. But dammit, I felt strong on the 120kg squat too, just lost my concentration I guess, so I'm really spewing about it, I didn't want any set backs this early on in my training, hope its not gonna stick around to long, I went and bought some of those stick on heat packs and didn't go to work today to rest it up. It doesn't feel to bad, i'm hoping for a quick recovery.:(
Anyway, whats good for this sort of thing, general stretching and back rubs etc, heat packs and the like?

rest up. let it heal do other things then get back into it.

next time dont be distracted and focus on completing the lift.. but we've all done it at some point

gentle stretch and Rest Ice Compress Elevate :)

also, alternate hot/cold (20 mins heat pack, 20 mins off, 20 mins cold pack, 20 mins off) will bring some relief as well

Thanks for the replies guys, I was determined to do 120 today, but my form was bad and I'm feeling it now.
I'll try to work around it on wed and fri i think, am fine to bench, can do some wide grip chins, just my squats and overhead press will be out of the question I think as its real stiff now, lol fuuuurk.
I been trying so hard to get my bench to 100kg, squat to 140kg and dead to 180kg, that i guess I am rushing it to much. I'm gonna focus on my form when I get over this and work the weight up from there.
Still, it feels good to know that I actually squated 120kg, even if it fuurked me, was only a few weeks ago I got stuck at 85kg lol.

As I said in the other thread, I am just getting over a long term back problem and have only just started squatting again in 9-10 months, I went from sets on 160kg and restarted back at 60kg, adding 2.5kg each session, back up to 85kg now, slow and steady.

Good luck with the recovery.