• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sore backside

Rambodian

No I'm not cambodian
I've got a sore point after doing heavy squats, its hard to say exactly where it is other than a sore backside of my side, sorta between my hamy and quad but towards the back side more under the glute. has anyone ever had this, I circled it on this pic I found.

Sorebackside.jpg

Its not REALLY sore, but it is more of an ache after I do them, although I could slightly feel a sore spot when warming up today. I tried to stretch it out but it really only niggles at me a couple hrs later. It has been niggling at me in bed at night as well. I only started getting this in the last couple weeks when I got my squats above 100kg.

Last edited:
Nah I've always used a slightly wider stance, its not excessively wide, not even semi sumo or anuthing, just a bit wider than most use. You think it may have something to do with it?, I did some closer stance ones today with lighter weight as I was wondering if this had something to do with it, it was hard to tell if it helped, but I didn't get the niggle with a closer stance, although I only really get them after training so its hard to tell. Think i should try some with a bit closer stance?

@ Hamburgler: Does a strain sorta come and go? It sorta comes and goes, and feels better if I try to stretch it a bit, but I can't really target the area properly.

@ Hamburgler: Does a strain sorta come and go? It sorta comes and goes, and feels better if I try to stretch it a bit, but I can't really target the area properly.

You could have a small strain that you keep reinjuring by not letting it heal. Could be a tendon injury.

What kind of stretches are you doing?

Stance could be a factor but since you have always had that stance than it might be something else causing you pain.

Some people are buit for wide stance an others narrow. I was doing wide and received a pain. Physio said it's from tightness in the glutes and hammies. With hip flexor stretches, foam rolling hip flexor, glutes, hammies and it band has helped me squat with a slightly wider stance.

If the pain is still there. See a physio

I have been trying to stretch the actual area in the pic by sitting with my left foot on my right knee and leaning forward. Its helping a bit but I think I need to use a foam roller or something like it. I was gonna try a tennis ball to get right in on it. Its weird how its just my left side, and really isolated to the area in the circle I put in the pic.

Do you still have the pain? Reason I ask is a few weeks back, after a good deadlift session, I experienced the same thing in right side only. It lingers and funnily enough feels better AFTER a squat session. It is painful sitting down for more than 20 minutes. I have stopped deadlifts and am going to have a physio look me over tomorrow.

Do you still have the pain? Reason I ask is a few weeks back, after a good deadlift session, I experienced the same thing in right side only. It lingers and funnily enough feels better AFTER a squat session. It is painful sitting down for more than 20 minutes. I have stopped deadlifts and am going to have a physio look me over tomorrow.

I stopped squats for 2 weeks and it went away and never returned, I'm still not exactly sure what it was but it was a basted at the time. It also use to sorta throb at night when I was in bed trying to relax the area. Let us know how you go mate.

G

It may be referred pain from your Gluteus Minimus muscle. The Gluteus Minimus muscle abducts and medially rotates the thigh, so both squats and deads will work this muscle. The fact that you are getting it only on one side may mean you have a muscle imbalance (i.e. one side stronger than the other) or you are favouring one side (which would be bad).

If you get the pain again, try lying on your back with a tennis ball under your GM and roll it around. If it's tender, then you may be on the right track.