• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sprint intervals

I am starting a 6 week sprinting program today, and I am very interested to see the results over the next few weeks.

Does sprinting actually class as cardio, being anaerobic and all?

Good luck with your sprinting man

Cardio by definition means anything to do with the cardiovascular system, so unless you run without a heart then yeah, sprints are cardio

If you are interested in improving both at the same time then metabolic conditioning is the answer, takes 10 to 15 minutes; 10 minutes if you're fit and conditioned.
It's brutal.

Cardio by definition means anything to do with the cardiovascular system, so unless you run without a heart then yeah, sprints are cardio

By that definition everything you do is cardio

If you are interested in improving both at the same time then metabolic conditioning is the answer, takes 10 to 15 minutes; 10 minutes if you're fit and conditioned.
It's brutal.

Complexes? Yeah I was looking at Joe DeFranco's barbell complexes the other day and they look pretty awesome

By that definition everything you do is cardio

Complexes? Yeah I was looking at Joe DeFranco's barbell complexes the other day and they look pretty awesome

I will let Andy school you on it but do what he says.