• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Recommend me equipment!!

bradw6860

Hi guys new here, just wondering what i should get in terms of a home gym.

I'm looking at a bit of hypertrophy training but nothing like propper body building then into toning...

The exercises i would like to do are
-lots of dumbell free weights
-B press
-Shld press
-squats
-cleans

Initially i was thinking of a cage as it has pull/chin ups, saftey for squat and bench and wanted some form of cable attachment as i love the versatility of cable workouts.

If you guys have any suggestions on what equipment would suit me for the above exercises etc let me know.

bRAD

Look no further than Gym Direct. I got almost all my stuff from there. Get yourself a power rack, olympic bar, plates, bench, dumbbells and couple of mankinis and you're set. Check their website and contact The Hulk, who is a member of the forum. Happy training!

Mate everyone has space, you just got to move other crap out, who needs a lounge, and beds anyway:)

are the mankini's optional?

I had a quick look at the power racks on that website, is it a good trusted place to buy? also in my quick search couldn't see any cable attachments for the racks...?

Cheers

Yep it's trusted mate...plenty of guys on the forum have bought equipment there and rate it highly.

They do sell cable attachments, here's the link.

Cable attachment

And as far as I'm concerned if you're not training in mankinis then you're not training seriously.

Last edited: