• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

latest purchase bike n+2

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
i do a lot of time out on the bike , riding about 50k's a day , so decided it was time to retire the old beast and get something new that can keep pace for the long hauls

working night shift and a little help from the tax man , recently brought this

trek_madone_3_1-600-600.jpg

to add to my collection in the she i also have a giant alias mountain bike
alias_black_2000px.jpg

except mine has red instead of the write

Do you ever worry about road accidents? I saw on the TV the other day that cycling accidents and deaths have been on the rise in the last year.

There's a real aggro attitude to cyclists on the road in this country....very different to places like Japan and Holland where you see people cycling everywhere, quite safely too.

i have ridden in metro in urban and on truck routes ,while the thought of an accident is in my mind , but you can't live you life in fear amd worry about "what if"
strangely my closest call to getting collected by a car happened on a bike/ walking track , a car came flying around a bend and nearly wiped me out luckily i had time to jump out of the way

got caught by a truckie once at a servo when i was getting a drink , i thought he was going to rip into me about riding on the road but he said" shit mate you were doing a good speed"

that being said a few other cyclists that i know down melbourne have gotten a bit of flak and been in accidents most doorings

Cyclists in Melbourne think they do not have to follow the road rules in the CBD and inner city suburbs, that is why they get a lot of flak (coming from a former cyclist on my youth so I don't hate cyclists). Sooner or later a cyclist is going to get body checked by me walking through a pedestrian crossing in the CBD when they think they can run a red light.

Nice mountain bike by the way.

also have to remember that motorists think they don't have to follow the road rules too

Higher % of brazen red light runs in the city and less care for pedestrians. Easier to get away with on a small bike that will likely not hit someone. I am sure some of those car drivers would do the same if they thought they could get away with it.

thats bullshit, how many times do you see these pricks go straight through reds ?
or they fucking ride around in circles at the front of the lights to not have to put there foot down?
Im sorry but i hate these ****s, when they get there little groups going and ride 2 or 3 next to each other taking up road.

And they love to mouth off to other drivers, and lean on cars at stops.

My god i hate those ones so much, i literally just have pure rage for them

Sorry but i gotta say 8/10 of em are ****s who think they are lance armstrong on the tour de aus.

rant over .

how many times do you see cars straight through reds?
at lights we don't put our foot down its called trackstanding we do it so when the light turns green we get a quicker reaction time so that we don't have to hold up motorists behind us

riding 2 beside each other is perfectly legal
we mouth off to drivers when drivers put out lives at risk , how many times have you been driving when another motorist in front of you does something stupid you get on the horn and give them a serve and mutter under your breath " ya dickhead"

not all cyclists are great on the roads , just the same as not all motorists are great on the road , there is a bad element in both camps