• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

would it be ok for me to keep my punching bag stand outside?

kindred

Drilled into the concrete or something? I have zero cover for it. Is there anything I can do to stop it rusting? Or should I just stick it out there and buy a new one when it finannaly decays???

You could try put up a gazebo cover for it, or a tarp to keep the weather off it.

Is it just the stand, or a stand + bags? Bags will absorb a lot of water if left out in the elements.

You could try and use a fish oil spray (like they use in rustproofing cars (but that would depend on its current condition).

Yeah put it outside. Don't worry about the weather wrecking it. You will get sick of it and move onto something else well before that happens.

Don't leave the punching bag outside, it will fall apart in no time, the stand might be OK if you look after it, ie keep it painted and stuff.

I recently bought a Standing punching bag, these are quite expensive $500-700, but picked it up for $200 on eBay. It's great, I am over 6" tall and 100kg and kick and punch hard, and this thing is great, I go all out an it and no issues.

Best of all I have it in the rumpus room inside the house. I also bough jig saw mats from Clark Rubber, but not needed, they are mainly for when I train my kids in Tae Kwon Do, as thats what they train on and fight on in class:)

Something to think about in the future.

Here is a photo:
100_5953.jpg

the bad should be fine... my dads had one hanging up outside for years and its still ok.

been thinking about this too , whether a stand would stand up to the elements
can't see why not , as long as it is well painted , basketball stands seem to stand up to the elements ok

as for the bag well my plan was to put the bag under cover when not being used

Get some cheep fish oil and spray it on thick on a hot day, it will dry up pretty good and give some added protection. I got that tip off a pro fisho that uses it on his boat trailer, I seen how his was less rusty than the other blokes and he said he did that a couple times a month and it really helps.