• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My workout plan... any opinions/advice?

L

liberty

Day 1 - Chest
Incline dumbell press 2*warmup sets, 4 sets of around 8 reps
Flat dumbell press 4 sets of 8 reps
One arm Incline dumbell press 4 sets of 8 reps
Cable flyes 4 sets of 10-12 reps

Day 2 - Shoulders & Back
Dumbell shoulder press 2*warmup sets, 4 sets of 8 reps
Lateral raises to side 4 sets of 8-10 reps
Lateral raises to rear 4 sets of 10 reps
Lateral raises to front (palms in, not down) 4 sets of 12 reps
Dumbell shrugs 3 sets of 12 reps
Machine wide-grip pulldowns 4 sets of 8 reps
Bent over barbell rows 4 sets of 8 reps
Dumbell rows 4 sets of 8 reps

Day 3 - Abs and Cardio
I do an exercise were you are lying with your back on a bench, and feet off the end, your biceps are by your head and you are holding the bench behind your head, 5kg ankle weights on ankles, then do:
15 (ex a) legs in and out, whole body staying horizontal
15 (ex b) only shoulders touching bench, kicking whole body up and down, whole body staying vertical
15 of exercise a and b
15 where whole body starts off the bench apart from head and shoulders, feet are facing ceiling, then slowly lower your body, remaining rigid, so that your entire trunk touches the bench in one movement
Repeat the above for 3 sets
Ab machine 4 sets of 12 reps
Cable crunches 3 sets of 21s (whole movement, bottom half, top half)
Cardio - rowing, cross trainer and swimming for >30 mins

Day 4 Biceps, Triceps and Forearms
Seated dumbell curls 2*warmup sets, 4 sets of 8 reps
Standing dumbell curls 4 sets of 8 reps
21s with EZbar 3 sets
Tricep pushdowns 2*warmup sets, 4 sets of 8 reps
Skull crushers 4 sets of 8 reps
Bent over tricep kickbacks 4 sets of 8 reps
Palms up forearm exercises 4 sets of 12 reps
Palms down forearm exercises 4 sets of 12 reps

Day 5 Abs
as above

Day 6 Legs
Leg press 2*warmup sets, 4 sets of 12 reps
Squats 4 sets of 12 reps
Leg extensions 4 sets of 10 reps
Seated calf raises
Leg curls 4 sets of 10 reps
Calf raises 4 sets of 12-15 reps

Day 7
Day off

Looks like a pretty sound plan you have

1. On your chest day I dont think the single arm press is required - you are already doing incline press earlier and with dumbells. perhaps change it to a decline fly or press so that you hit your chest from all of the angles.

2. Shoulders and back day is good - is there a specific reason you do not include wide grip pullups in your routine? They are one of the best exercises for Lat development.

3. The ab exercises you mention are variations of Dragonflags - these are demonstrated in the video gallery Wink
Your cardio seems fine,

4. Legs day seems fine. Possibly include stiff legged deadlifts for extra hamstring work...

Hope my little pointers are something to think on but other than what ive mentioned you have clearly done your homework and your doing great! Aslong as your getting enough energy from your food and sleeping well at night then 6 days a week training is ok. I would advise having recovery week after evey 4-6 weeks hard training.

Thanks Admin for the feedback
in reply to your comments

1 - I do that cos upper chest is my weak point
2 - I don't do pull ups cos I've got pull downs - where there is less cheating
3 - Yeah, close. My ones go all the way down and further up though.
4 - Deadlifts hurt my lower back

Have put a lot of thought into my workout... but thanks for ideas.