• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat rack

biggest_kid

Hey guys ive been looking at buying a squat rack recently, but have a question first.

Southern Workout Store - Healthstream HS7500W - Fitness Equipment, Gym Equipment, Exercise Equipment Adelaide, Exercise Bike Adelaide, Workout Equipment, Home Fitness, Fitness Supermarket Adelaide, Weight Lifting Equipment Adelaide

As you can see on my bench, it has two different sets of 'hooks' that can you can place the barbell onto for benchpressing. But is there anywhere you can do squats? You cant really use those two 'hooks' because the actual seat is in the way. And you cant just lift the seat because there is a bar under it.

Thanks,
big

Trust me mate, listen to these guys.

That thing is hideous.

Spend a little extra and get a cage+bench+bar+weights.
Youll be far beter off.

Don't do it, looks like cheap rubbish that will not work and probably but you at risk of injury.

Buy proper equipment.

For home training a GOOD power rack is number 1, and a good bench to go with it, some free weights and bars and you have a great home gym foundation.

Except that this setup is only $250 and will get the guy started. The commercial set that Graham proposed (which is the one I want) costs $1950. Big difference.

Not everyone can jump right in at the top end. Training is a journey and its better to start somewhere than not to start at all. Trade it in down the track for $50 and buy a power rack when you reach that level of training maturity.

At least he'll be under the iron.

But if you're already fairly advanced mate, I'd echo the idea of a good power rack, flat bench and olympic bar with weights. These setups can be got for around $1,000 if you shop around but that's still a fair bit of coin.

Oh, and I definately wouldn't be attempting squats on that setup you linked. No way known...

Cheers,
Mike