• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sleep apnea surgery

kindred

Has anyone had anything for it?

What did you have done and did it hurt like all hell?

The surgeon said he would recommend it for me if i can loose a little more weight (10kg or so).

He said i needed to have my tonsils removed, the dangly thing in my throat removed and the back of my tongue shrunk using radio waves or some shit like that.

Im seriously thinking about it cause being tired 24/7 is fucking shit.

Ive got a better idea. Lose more than 10kgs and get fitter and healthier and then reassess. Get yourself a good coach/trainer who you like that will work you hard if you have trouble being consistent and working yourself hard enough.

I've got an exercise that will help with that.
They're called 'Table Push-Aways'.

Pretty simple, you push yourself away from the table and stop eating. Do them three times a day.

Probably easier than surgery i'd say.

I've got an exercise that will help with that.
They're called 'Table Push-Aways'.

Pretty simple, you push yourself away from the table and stop eating. Do them three times a day.

Probably easier than surgery i'd say.

HAHAHAHA.

Sorry Kindred, but this was to funny.

In all serious Kindred.
You dont seem to have any real good attempt, at well, anything so far.

You need to get a good trainer and do what he says.

You always seem to be asking about all this weird stuff without actually giving a good diet and exercise a go.

Dont make excuses, just do it mate.

Has anyone had anything for it?

What did you have done and did it hurt like all hell?

The surgeon said he would recommend it for me if i can loose a little more weight (10kg or so).

He said i needed to have my tonsils removed, the dangly thing in my throat removed and the back of my tongue shrunk using radio waves or some shit like that.

Im seriously thinking about it cause being tired 24/7 is fucking shit.

Ok, so you have a *choice* to lose weight or surgery? And your seriously considering the surgery first?

Having the tonsils removed is common, the uvula is less common. The research I did on the subject mentioned extreme pain.
If your seeing an ENT surgeon, get another opinion, I had two and the options were drastically different.

Modify the tongue?
Are you on CPAP?
Or a splint?

There are option besides surgery.