• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

insomnia

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
So for the last couple of weeks have been suffering sleep insomnia ,getting bugger all sleep at night and when i do get sleep it is only for a few hours

It's starting to take a toll on me , really pissing me off feeling tired all the time , my problem is that my mind is too over active

So i took a trip to my local chemist to see what tablets i could get , the pharmi gave me some "Restavit " anyone taken these before ?

Haven't tried that one, but I've currently got Temazepam tablets. I get maintenance insomnia....which means trouble maintaining sleep. I always crash as soon as I hit the pillow, but every now and then I'll wake up at 2 or 3 and can't get back to sleep. It comes and goes but been good last few weeks.

I was gonna suggest see the doctor but I actually got little joy there. He sent me to a psychologist who specializes in sleep disorders. That was a complete WOFTAM. Maybe the doc could give you best advice re pills though.

yeah I'm thinking a visit to the doc is needed , but being male i don't go to the docs unless i am dying lol

I don't usually have a problem sleeping, except for Friday nights when I start work at 5 Saturday morning. I always have a late one and end up hitting the sack round 1 and getting up at 5, its a shit sleep always wake up, toss and turn, get real bad sweats too.

The ZMA I take doesn't really do much, but I don't feel that tired when I wake up and am usually good for the rest of the day and late night that follows. Maybe im just used to it?

You could always try GABA? Supposed to knock you out pretty well with a good sleep. ZMA might work for you too.

A pillow can make an amazing difference or if the wood slats under your bed if they have slid back (no support under head) sometimes its the simple things

The last week ive had heaps of trouble sleeping, i go to bed at 11pm and dont get to sleep till like 2am-3am and have to be up at 8am, its even worse nights before the gym i think to much about my workout and cant seem to shut my brain off. Altho its not affecting me that much cause i take a couple of scoops of 1.M.R pre workout powder it usually does the trick.

The last week ive had heaps of trouble sleeping, i go to bed at 11pm and dont get to sleep till like 2am-3am and have to be up at 8am, its even worse nights before the gym i think to much about my workout and cant seem to shut my brain off. Altho its not affecting me that much cause i take a couple of scoops of 1.M.R pre workout powder it usually does the trick.

Stop taking 1 MR for a month and any other caffeine or stimulant any time during the week and see how you go for sleep.

Children have no problem sleeping; let's get back to when we were kids. Two things need to be done here:

1. Stop all forms of caffeine

2. Go for a long walk in the evening (not as good as playing out all day [before computers put a stop to that] but it will do the job).

Try the above and see how you go.

Fadi.

Hello I have taken "Restavit" before as I had extensive issues with my insomnia. The problem I had with Res was that in the morning I didn't feel well rested, despite taking the right dose and sleeping the right hours. It took its toll. I seriously recommend pulling out a really boring book, thats what helped me...all the other crap the docs gave me did stuff all. Good luck man.

restavit is shit, the best otc sleeping pill is anything with Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, its usually sold at the chemists as Unisom sleepgels, or u can find super cheap stuff on ebay with 90 pills in a bottle instead of the 10 in the unisom.
as with all sleeping pills, they do make you slightly drowsy in the morning but its much less then restavit, temaz, vallium and dont even get started on xanax.
they are also probably less harmfull for you then the others.

Why not just try Fadi's idea?

i tried that, putting in good time at the gym and on the bike , cut back on coffee and switched to tea

normally i try not to resort to drugs , but in this case i had to , it was either that or get by on fuck all sleep

thankfully my sleeping pattern is under control now

i used to always have this problem, thinking too much so i can't sleep, start thinking about how im thinking because i can't sleep, etc.

someone mentioned to me some word meditation type crap. anyway you choose a colour (eg blue) and imagine the colour as a word and in that colour too. you just keep picturing that word and try to manipulate it, eg turn it into 3d or bold font etc.

my colour was blue so i would picture the word blue that's blue and try to make it 3d and spin it backwards. Would never remember falling asleep just waking up felling heaps better.

(reread that and i sound like a fucking nutter)

I think Idi Admin should just read your post when he has trouble sleeping.

Joking bud. :D

iphone app

I sometimes have a shit time getting to sleep , tired as hell just cant get to sleep , I recently got a hypnosis/relaxation app on my phone , there are a heap around and dont cost much . I was sceptical but it does actually relax me , shut my brain down and let me go to sleep, for me it works like the off button we all wish we had sometimes