• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cycling questions

0ni

Registered Rustler
Hi everyone,

I've been a competitive road cyclist for the last 3 years, competing in 10, 15, 20 and 30km sprints and have won many regional races and was going to compete at a national level in Britain before moving to Australia. I hope to start competing here ASAP, the Barossa Valley has some great cycling routes!

If anyone has any questions about road or track cycling, training, nutrition, performance enhancers (not going to pretend, we're all on 'em!) etc then I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability

Hi everyone,

I've been a competitive road cyclist for the last 3 years, competing in 10, 15, 20 and 30km sprints and have won many regional races and was going to compete at a national level in Britain before moving to Australia. I hope to start competing here ASAP, the Barossa Valley has some great cycling routes!

If anyone has any questions about road or track cycling, training, nutrition, performance enhancers (not going to pretend, we're all on 'em!) etc then I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability

You're honesty is refreshing.

Welcome aboard.

What is your greatest accomplishment in the sport?

Subjectively, I would say climbing Mont Ventoux. Objectively I would say winning the local regionals by a few minutes 2 months ago, especially as most of the riders were a lot stronger, older and experienced than me. Went flat out the entire race and threw up at the end!

Good to have you around Oni

So what's your training routine like

At the moment I am gymless so have been going GHR's, bodyweight squats for reps, chins, pushups and general GPP/SPP work. Normally I train Westside as it allows me to train balls to the wall most of the time. For cycling I'll stick with the same route for a few months before changing it. Sometimes I do sprint intervals, aim to average a certain speed, complete a section of the route in X time and another thing I like to do is stay in the same gear for a week throughout the entire course, then increase the gear on a week by week basis. When I get to the higher gears this is really gruelling! I also do 400m sprint intervals once a week. Saving up for a Prowler!