• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Constant Fatigue and Brain Fog

cunniff1981

Just wondering if anyone has had any issue with being constantly in a state of fatigue and foggyness.

- I am tired all the time (now matter how much sleep I get).
- I am constantly sore & don't seem to recover.
- I get injured all the time (even when doing all the warmups, not overlaoding etc).
- My short term memory is really bad.
- I have servere mood swings.
- Concentration is non existant (no been good for work).
- Motivation is also non existant.
- Sex drive isn't there either.

I am going to a doctor this afternoon to get my bloods done and have a chat to him, but was keen on hearing if anyone else had these issues and anything that helped.

Also diet isn't the issue, this is what I typically eat:

breakfast: Homemade Museli with yoghurt and milk.
morning snack: Tuna, yoghurt, apple, museli bar.
lunch: mince and vegies.
afternoon snack: Tuna, yoghurt, apple, museli bar.
dinner: some meat and veg, sometime a little pasta etc.

I am glutten intolerant that's why I eat so much museli.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone has had any issue with being constantly in a state of fatigue and foggyness.

- I get injured all the time (even when doing all the warmups, not overlaoding etc).
- I have servere mood swings.

I am going to a doctor this afternoon to get my bloods done and have a chat to him, but was keen on hearing if anyone else had these issues and anything that helped.

What's your diet like?

Diet looks ok, as long as the serving sizes are big enough...

how much sleep do you get a night?

Hmmm, well you can oversleep, but that may not be the issue.

Get a FULL blood panel done, and make sure you get a copy printed out so you can post it in here.

I have alot of those symptons.

Lack of motivation
Always tired
Grumpy

I don't have brain fog though.

I think partly lack of sleep, but the grumpiness and motivation I don't know.

Right now i can't wait to go home and train, as soon as i get home the motivation disappears, however i still force myself to train.

It's hard cause there is lots of things that might fit;

- depression
- low test
- sleep apnea
- thyroid issues

Only issue is that I don't have anything to be depressed over, if I was any hairier I would drag my knuckles (so low test doesn't fit), thyroid I don't believe (but I do find it hard as hell to trim down past 16-18% fat), sleep apnea is my most likely suspect as I snore and don't wake rested after good sleeps.

Will see I suppose, if it non of these then I am a lazt shit:rolleyes:

Sleep apnea is a possibility then. Do you have a partner?
Any comments on them hearing you stop breathing during your sleep?

Sleep apnea can cause all the mentioned issues, but there are plenty of other potential causes for what you mention :(

It's hard cause there is lots of things that might fit;

- depression
- low test
- sleep apnea
- thyroid issues

Only issue is that I don't have anything to be depressed over, if I was any hairier I would drag my knuckles (so low test doesn't fit), thyroid I don't believe (but I do find it hard as hell to trim down past 16-18% fat), sleep apnea is my most likely suspect as I snore and don't wake rested after good sleeps.

Will see I suppose, if it non of these then I am a lazt shit:rolleyes:

Just because you are hairy does not mean you don't have low test.

honestly dude have you just run a course of 'dat dere cell-tech'? if so just wait it out or get on some anti e's
Coming off the juice has a lot of your symptoms, could be a deeper problem if not.

- I have servere mood swings. - not severe but bit of depression?

I am glutten intolerant that's why I eat so much museli.

I had really bad chronic fatigue syndrome ( CFS ) which had all those symptoms I highlighted.

Not saying you have that, but I'd definitely make sure your doctor rules it out. Biggest thing for me was removing gluten/lactose from my diet and consistently exercising/eating correctly.

Anyway hope you don't have it because it sucks

Just an update.
Got bloods and everything done and came back with everything normal.

Seems that I am depressed.
Basically from here it's cut my lifting back to 2 days to allow my shitty recovery to happen.
Read about how to change my mind set (to cope with lifes stresses).
Do some more cardio (as this is supposed to help with mood).

Didn't want to take any meds so, it's going to take a little time but it's getting there.