• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sleep Paralysis

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Anyone expierenced Sleep Paralysis before? Sleep Paralysis is the sensation of waking up unable to move feel like something is sitting on your chest? , Scientifically explained as becoming conscience before the brain turns motor functions on, they reckon it is caused by stress and lack and sleep.

A couple of weeks ago i experienced it , i woke unable to move, i was thinking clearly but freaked out when i couldn't moved anything , i tried lifting my hand but it weighed a tonne. Maybe i have watched too much xfiles but the thing that popped into my mind was holy shit and alien abduction , oh great here comes the anal probe lol

i have never heard of it before so of course i was interested in what it was , was it a dream or something else ,anyway i mentioned it to a family friend who said it was caused by black magic , yep ok i believe ya ;)

I put it to the back of mind and forgot all about it , until the other day i saw a story about it , Sleep Paralysis is what i had

So anyone else experienced it before?

Used to happen to me a few years (not often, just periodically).

I would be awake but unable to move.

Scary feeling, I hate it. Thankfully it's been quite a few years since I have experienced it.

I also used to get the sensation of flying while sleeping, not dreaming, just flying, hard to explain.

In my culture it is called "Ka malch sa got" when translated, it means "ghost sitting on you"

I use to get it helps. I started listening to mums superstition by not sleeping on back with arms are folded "like how the dead sleep in a coffin" and by not position my bed where the base of my food is facing a window or door leading outside. They say, when you sleep like that, your sending out an invitation to spooks to haunt you.

Ive spoken to a spiritual friend and she believes your in a state where you mind is trapped in some space awaiting to be returned to you body. I hope that make sense.

But it's scary as crap! I've learnt to try and murmur something to get my gf attention so she wake me up.

My egyption friend believes in the same thing. She told me to try wiggle your toe to scare away the ghost

Yeah I've had it a few times. Tends to happen when i have been really tired.

I hate it. Can't move and I freak out and try and yell and nothing happens. Usually only a few seconds then it all sorts itself out.

Heard it can happen if you sleep on your back. I know I have more dreams when I sleep on my back but fidn it hard ot actual fall asleep like that.

My mates room mate was telling us the other night that she thought a ghost was in her room and she woke up and couldnt move freaked out - tried to shout at her boyfriend couldnt talk etc etc - just like you said like someone was pressing her down....saying that though she is prob one of the most stressed out, high strung person I know....so it makes sense lol.

I've only experienced something like that after some nightmares. I wake up and I just lie there. I havent tried to move so unsure if it the same thing. I know for certain that when it does happen I wake up on my back

i ve had it a couple of times.. first time it happened i was havin a nightmare woke unable to move or speak, freaked out then realised what was going on...
then times its happened after that i know whats going on so i just force myself to move, keep trying till i can

Happens quite a lot to me. Freaked me out at first but now if it happens i kinda just lay there and wait for the rest of my body to "Wake up".

i myself beleive in the spiritual world, also Shrek what you experienced was atral projection.

each to their own ;)

there was one other part that i left out

As i was laying there unable to move , i heard a voice saying " he is starting to stir give him another dose " , not too sure how long after but again i heard " hit him again", the voices sounded like they were coming from the cieling

When i woke up i checked for any bruising or puncture marks

lol that's what i said , well a lot more then that
I put it down to still being a dream state and the body doing it;s thing to deal with the situation

it's happened to me alot in the past, it felt like something was lying on top of me pushing me down lol.. i've got used to it though, whenever it happens i just remain calm, usually can fall back asleep instantly or snap out of it then fall asleep..

my sister once used a ouija board down the coast, the following weeks "wierd" things happened in her room, afew things missing, afew times she wokeup with bruises on her legs :s

whenever i get sleep paralysis i always have the thought in the back of my mind what if there is actually a ghost or something doing this to me? i did see a black shadow once during sleep paralysis but i've read you can hallucinate during it. so i keep telling myself it was just a dream lol

there was one other part that i left out

As i was laying there unable to move , i heard a voice saying " he is starting to stir give him another dose " , not too sure how long after but again i heard " hit him again", the voices sounded like they were coming from the cieling

When i woke up i checked for any bruising or puncture marks

Stuff like that is a reasonable common occurrence with sleep paralysis.

Seeing and hearing things with sleep paralysis is what most alien abduction claims can be put down to.

But bloody freaky when it happens to ya. First time it happened to me I thought there was someone else in the room.

my sister once used a ouija board down the coast, the following weeks "wierd" things happened in her room, afew things missing, afew times she wokeup with bruises on her legs :s
lol

yeah man... that stuff is real... demon/evil spritis most certainly exist,, stay well clear of ouija board stuff.. not cool at all. some of the things ive seen and heard from very reliable sources scares the crap out of me.
that is very different to sleep paralysis

yeah man... that stuff is real... demon/evil spritis most certainly exist,, stay well clear of ouija board stuff.. not cool at all. some of the things ive seen and heard from very reliable sources scares the crap out of me.
that is very different to sleep paralysis

Ouija board is a childrens board game. Nothing to do with spirits. The people doing it push the thing around to make words.

Get people to use ouija board blindfolded and nothing will make any sense at all.

I dont want to mess around with oujia board or anything that can attract negative energies.

I use to freak out when woken up from the "sleep". So bad, I would hide under the covers and try my hardest not to look outside. There was a time when I woke up from sleep paralysis, went back to sleep and it happened again. It happen 3 times during that night. I hasnt happened in a few months and I hope it never comes back.

I fucked around with an ouija board and the fucking thing moved. I know it was real because the girl I did it with freaked out and moved her hand so I was the only one touching it.
Freaked me right out.

I fucked around with an ouija board and the fucking thing moved. I know it was real because the girl I did it with freaked out and moved her hand so I was the only one touching it.
Freaked me right out.

Like i said childrens board game made by the same people that make monopoly. Lol.

What more likely spirits are pushing the thing around or you are pushing it around.