• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Basic Blocks Of Fitness (Tips etc.)

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Please post the basics of what everyone needs to do to stay in shape forever.

NO QUESTIONS TO BE POSTED HERE PLEASE - START A NEW THREAD.

1. Eat whole non-processed foods - no junk food, white bread, dried pasta, cereals (except poridge and meusli), bagels, cakes, choc (only 70% coca), biscuits

2. Exercise a minimum of 4 hours every week - anything less then please just forget about special training programs, 'toning' exercises or 'tummy' exercises. Put the 4 hours in for good results. Excellent results requires more

3. Eat about every 3-4 hours - every 2-3 if you are wishing to gain weight. Prevents you from eating lots in one sitting

4. Eat fat's every day - only the good ones e.g. fish, nuts and seeds, cod liver oil, udo's oil, avocadoes, extra virgin olive oil. You need it for fat metabolism, hormone production, skin, hair, nails, concentration etc This is the most common mistake especially for women i.e. they are fat phobic

5. Lift weights 2-3 days per week - all the aerobic sessions in the world will not change your shape. Yes aerobic work will make you thinner and slimmer, it will NOT increase your muscle tone and you will still look flat!

6. Stretch
- most over looked as many consider it a waste of time. Increase your flexibility will allow you to stay injury free and less tense. Most common cause of back, shoulder, shin and knee pain is tight hips and calves

7. Believe - You become what you think about most so fill your mind with how you want it to be a write your goals down then place them somewhere you can see them regularly. I did this over 4 years ago and still do it - 90% of what i wrote down i now do - great girlfriend with similar interests, my own business, yoga teacher, closer to my family, help others every day, maintain a great physique year round without any major injuries.

NO QUESTIONS OR DEBATES HERE JUST OTHER SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS

Squats
Deadlifts
Bench Press
Bent Row
Military Press
Dips
Pullups

If your program doesn't contain most of these exercises then there is probably something wrong with it.