• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Seizures, arrests rise as steroids flood in

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
ILLICIT steroids are flooding into Australia, with record high seizures of the drugs last year. New data also confirms Victoria as the main entry point for the biggest cocaine shipments into the country.
The Australian Crime Commission's Illicit Drug Data report, out today, reveals a 74 per cent increase in steroid seizures nationally last year.
Customs and police detected 2695 illegal shipments of performance-enhancing drugs, 2264 of which were steroids.
Most were sent to Australia from the US or Thailand, commonly smuggled by air travellers or through the post.
The commission noted a spike in the muscle-building, fat-burning steroid clenbuterol, with 191 detections last year, up from 56 in 2009.
Australian water polo star James Stanton, 27, was banned after testing positive to that drug last year.

The Herald Sun yesterday revealed that former Tigers ruckman Justin Charles blew the whistle on anabolic steroid use in the AFL as far back as 1997.
Steroids can be imported only with a permit from federal regulators.
The commission also raised concerns about the rising number of toxic suburban drug labs.
There were 694 clandestine drug labs uncovered around the country last year, 113 of which were in Victoria.
Two-thirds of cocaine seized in Australia was intercepted in Victoria, where it sells for $300 a gram.
More than 70 per cent of cocaine came through the post, although major seizures by weight were on the docks in Melbourne and Sydney. There were 7.8 tonnes of drugs seized nationwide and in 85,000 arrests.

Victoria the nation's hub for the biggest cocaine shipments | Herald Sun

I've always been under the impression that the authorities aren't oo interested in steroids compared to narcotics. I've heard times when there have been drug raids and found narcotics and steroids, but didnt bother with the steroid charges etc.

I could sort of see why though, it's not like steroids are posing a negative effect on society such as other drugs are.

guess they missed my clen batch ! sucked in.
they should b legal like in u.k

They're not legal in the UK. It is legal to have personal amounts of it, as it is in Australia. Personal amounts though, are not what the average user would have at any given time according to the definition of personal amounts.

Should it be classed in the same category as heroin? No. But be aware, it is.

Should they be legal in Australia? Fuck no. Too many idiots, too many school kids with body image issues who will eventually fuck themselves up. It isn't like weed. There is a very fine line between safe use and damaging use.

They're not legal in the UK. It is legal to have personal amounts of it, as it is in Australia. Personal amounts though, are not what the average user would have at any given time according to the definition of personal amounts.

Should it be classed in the same category as heroin? No. But be aware, it is.

Should they be legal in Australia? Fuck no. Too many idiots, too many school kids with body image issues who will eventually fuck themselves up. It isn't like weed. There is a very fine line between safe use and damaging use.

I'm pretty sure that any amount is ILLEGAL to have unless you have a valid prescription in Australia

With the huge increase in steroid usage over the last few yrs the seizures, arrests etc have increased and thats easy to see and no surprise.

The reason the imports of steroid are getting higher is because society is getting more and more shallow.
Everyone wants to be the next Zyzz.

Anybody had experience with stuff getting siezed , cops kick down ya door waving guns around ? customs send you a letter saying naughty boy dont do it again ?

I don't wanna find out LOL

LAST time i got a letter. It was for "hoodia" in a fat burner.

Sorry I did get another letter. It as for Yohimbe in a Pre workout supp Hemo Rage.
I don't bother anymore

unless you are importing a a shitload that is when you might get some one busting down your doors , but for a small batch it aint worth their time to come knocking on your door

Iv had the feds come running thru the door in camo and skimasks yellin and screaming waving styers with bullet catchers on them carryin on like idiots. But it was just a terrible misunderstanding. They ziptied my wrists beind my bak and put my bloody shoulder out the pain was so sever I was sweating hard and nearly fainted a coupl of times. I was yellin at them to cut the ties and threatened to jump out the 62 floor window, bad idea one of them kicked me down onto my front and put his knee on my tied wrists I thought my arm was gona snap off! Then our lawyer showed up, id never been happier they cut them pretty quik then haha. I couldnt train my upper body for a month because of it.. Wen they come they dont fuk around.. Assholes

Iv had the feds come running thru the door in camo and skimasks yellin and screaming waving styers with bullet catchers on them carryin on like idiots. But it was just a terrible misunderstanding. They ziptied my wrists beind my bak and put my bloody shoulder out the pain was so sever I was sweating hard and nearly fainted a coupl of times. I was yellin at them to cut the ties and threatened to jump out the 62 floor window, bad idea one of them kicked me down onto my front and put his knee on my tied wrists I thought my arm was gona snap off! Then our lawyer showed up, id never been happier they cut them pretty quik then haha. I couldnt train my upper body for a month because of it.. Wen they come they dont fuk around.. Assholes

woah fuck that sounds like a scene out of " the sheild"

Yep more bullsht.You can get what you want right here in aus so why bother importing??? after all most high quality steroids are made right here in australia anyhow.Anyone ever heard or Troy labs???Seems to me you guys are just to afraid to ask around for it.Or maybe you all live on the safe side of life and dont deal with undesirables on a daily basis.