• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Buying Chains for garage gym

pumpedup86

Where is the best place to buy chains for a garage gym set up?
I was thinking about going down to the local bunnings and checking it out.

It will set you back a bit at bunnings mate. I looked into this not long ago and would still cost heaps from he local 'hong kong' shop (thats what its called) where everything is cheap and nasty. Second hand metal place might be a good place to look with heaps of industrial chain dumped for scrap

Dam i'm wanting to get some chains to use at home as well. I was thinking of a cheaper way, get some cheap/2nd hand small weight plates (0.5kg-2.5kg) and some rope. Tie them along the rope, should work the same way as chains? As you lower it down more rope and plates touch the ground etc.

Metal places are always throwing away lifting straps and chains, because they break and cannot be fixed.