• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kegs, sandbags, sleds etc

Grippy

Fat Member
Just out of interest, does anyone incorporate any sled, keg, farmers walk, sandbag training into their regular training routine? Have dragged the spare wheel with weight around the backyard and have been looking into this stuff as something different to do for conditioning or just for the hell of it.

I made up a 40kg sandbag usand usually throw it around, cleans, presses and front squats with it as well as the odd farmers walk :)

its good :D

Good stuff. Ill hunt down a sandbag and a used keg to cart around for something different to do. Sounds good

fortunate enough smooth concrete under my house. I stack plates on a carpet square

1. push it to one end of the house
2. drag it back

repeat until fried

making a pin to keep plates centred and with a eye in the top so i can push it to one end of the garage then reel it back in with a rope to get the upper body involved

I'm not really using any of these at the moment as I'm doing a powerlifting specific cycle and, well, I don't really have access to all of them (I do have a sled and a couple of empty kegs) but in general training for strength/fitness I reckon strongman implementations are an awsome idea.
Even if you just use them to 'break up' the monotony of BB/DB or make them a staple of your program.

Strongman Training for Athletes - DeFranco's Training

On top of what is mentioned there - Fat bar complexes, keg complexes, keg press, sandbag complexes are other examples I can think of