• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wrist pain

AussiePride

I get wrist pain, 1 only never injured it
Does anyone know the best way to strap a wrist or any other way to help aleviate it.

Hmm, just try some really thick wrist straps and do them up reasonably tight, like a couple wraps around your wrist then a single wrap on the bar to keep it tight. Make sure your form is good on lifts that bend the wrist a bit eg don't bend your wrists back to far under the bar when benching etc, try to keep them from being over pressured. If it's not form oriented you may have damage and need to get it looked at.
Is there any lifts you get pain on in particular?

I just use some elastoplast strapping tape, i used to get my wrist's strapped when i played rugby, and now i strap them up when i go to the gym and i feel it makes my grip stronger on my pushes - bench ohp etc! It doesn't have to be too tight. Make sure its comfortable!

maybe get a pair of wrist wraps. i use 'THP wrist wraps' that i got from Titan Australia.

Last edited:
Get your wrist checked out first you could have issues that strapping will just hide.

yeah id recommend getting it checked, my cousin had a broken wrist after falling off a fence, he didnt worry about it till after 1 month it still hurt and he got it checked up and said it was broke :( it happened at the beginning of the year and still hasnt gotten the operation cos it keeps getting postponed. good luck with it tho man!

What is your hand position when doing barbell curls, squats, bench and deadlifts?
I got wrist pain from having my hands too far apart on curls so I just brought them up a bit. I also find that EZ bars can give me wrist pain unless I use the scott bench