• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where do you train in Perth

Does Muscle Pit have the following?
- glute ham raise
- chalk

I'm interesting in finding training partners at Muscle Pit. I'll be moving to Perth, from Melbourne around beginning of August and could do with training partners for:
- motivation
- spotting
- ongoing learning

Let me know. Cheers.

Does Muscle Pit have the following?
- glute ham raise
- chalk

I'm interesting in finding training partners at Muscle Pit. I'll be moving to Perth, from Melbourne around beginning of August and could do with training partners for:
- motivation
- spotting
- ongoing learning

Let me know. Cheers.

Yes we have a GHR and lots and lots of chalk and a Reverse Hyper and Kettle Bells and Tyres and sleds and Prowler and stones and specialty bars and band and chains. Only thing we dont have yet is a Yoke.
Will you be competing?

I really am going to have to get my ass to Musclepit, The gym I am training at now at the moment is nice and close and has quite a bit of strength gear and kettlebells tyres and so fourth but not as much as Musclepit now the lifting capabilities as musclepit.

If i trained at Muscle Pit, would I also be able to use all equipment on my own when i attend the gym or is it everyone get together at 5:30pm and do ME Bench and next day squat and so fourth?

I really am going to have to get my ass to Musclepit, The gym I am training at now at the moment is nice and close and has quite a bit of strength gear and kettlebells tyres and so fourth but not as much as Musclepit now the lifting capabilities as musclepit.

If i trained at Muscle Pit, would I also be able to use all equipment on my own when i attend the gym or is it everyone get together at 5:30pm and do ME Bench and next day squat and so fourth?

you can use the equipment on your own the gym is open from 5.30am to 9.00pm but it would be a good idea to hook up and train with Henry or Corey for a while. Give them a call

MusclePit does look really good an properly focused on strength training. Though since you asked I'm training at CBD in Perth as it's convenient. One squat rack but I'm the only guy using it so it's ok :p

Hi Sumo, thanks for the response.

Yes we have a GHR and lots and lots of chalk and a Reverse Hyper and Kettle Bells and Tyres and sleds and Prowler and stones and specialty bars and band and chains. Only thing we dont have yet is a Yoke.

Great: GHR, chalk ... and a prowler.

Will you be competing?

Yes, I compete in the Raw 83kg class with PA. Currently 150/97.5/180 for a 427.5kg raw total, which will hopefully go higher at the upcoming competition on Sunday.

I emailed Henry a few weeks back and he was also very helpful, but I forgot to ask him the questions above.

I'm hoping to find training partners to spur me on with a bit of friendly competition. Immediate target is to get a 460kg total by the end of the year, then 500kg.

Cheers.

Sumo, where abouts in the Perth city do you train? May not be able to make the commute out to muscle pit every time I need to train.. somewhere in the city with a squat rack would be epic.

Sumo, where abouts in the Perth city do you train? May not be able to make the commute out to muscle pit every time I need to train.. somewhere in the city with a squat rack would be epic.
Hi Gilbert - I only train at the Musclepit I am sure there is a gym in the city with a squat rack but you will have to ring around

Yes, I compete in the Raw 83kg class with PA. Currently 150/97.5/180 for a 427.5kg raw total, which will hopefully go higher at the upcoming competition on Sunday.

I emailed Henry a few weeks back and he was also very helpful, but I forgot to ask him the questions above.

I'm hoping to find training partners to spur me on with a bit of friendly competition. Immediate target is to get a 460kg total by the end of the year, then 500kg.

Cheers.

Hello my (ex) training partner! You'll love Musclepit. Get fat and train harder!

Question for you guys who train there: Do you follow your own programming or can you only follow musclepit's programming? Or is it in class sessions? Like how is it structured?

I was working with a coach previously on powerlifts / olylifts / conditioning, but now that I know how to do the lifts I want to stop paying for the coach and give it a try on my own. Just don't want to do it at a regular gym as most don't have a squat rack available.

Question for you guys who train there: Do you follow your own programming or can you only follow musclepit's programming? Or is it in class sessions? Like how is it structured?

I was working with a coach previously on powerlifts / olylifts / conditioning, but now that I know how to do the lifts I want to stop paying for the coach and give it a try on my own. Just don't want to do it at a regular gym as most don't have a squat rack available.

Hey Wingman

You can follow your own programming and train on your own as there is no musclepit programme per se although a lot of us follow Westside principles of training - if you just do your own thing there however you are missing out on the team atmosphere and the knowledge base at the gym. You are best off giving Henry or Corey a call and trying to work in with other people there.

Hey Wingman

You can follow your own programming and train on your own as there is no musclepit programme per se although a lot of us follow Westside principles of training - if you just do your own thing there however you are missing out on the team atmosphere and the knowledge base at the gym. You are best off giving Henry or Corey a call and trying to work in with other people there.

I'm familiar with westside methods, just don't think they're appropriate for me due to my goals (competing in sports, not powerlifting). I also think the methods are mainly for people who are lucky enough to have reached sticking points in their lifts. As a novice, I'm happy to milk linear strength gains a little longer whilst working on my speed/agility for my sport. Happy to be corrected on all of this.

The macro stuff is the same - I want to deadlift, squat, plyometric, press my way to greatness like you guys. I don't want to wait around in a normal gym for some meathead to finish using the squat rack for his db curls.

Get where I'm coming from?

Last edited:
Been training at adrenaline warwick, isn't too bad. power rack, half rack, few benches, cable cross over's and enough barbells. Think the dumbells go up to 60kg. I just paid $50 for a month trial.

I'm familiar with westside methods, just don't think they're appropriate for me due to my goals (competing in sports, not powerlifting). I also think the methods are mainly for people who are lucky enough to have reached sticking points in their lifts. As a novice, I'm happy to milk linear strength gains a little longer whilst working on my speed/agility for my sport. Happy to be corrected on all of this.

The macro stuff is the same - I want to deadlift, squat, plyometric, press my way to greatness like you guys. I don't want to wait around in a normal gym for some meathead to finish using the squat rack for his db curls.

Get where I'm coming from?
If you want greatness then best call Henry or Corey

Id love to train at the muscle pit unfortunately its too far from my house, at the moment I train at one of those 24/7 gyms, has 2 power racks plenty of weights and dbs, enough for me to do my 531 (yes i can slam weights on the floor amazing for a commercial gym). I just wish another gym like Muscle pit opens a little closer some time soon.

Still saving for a home gym :)