• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

INTERMEDIATE ROUTINE

C

caroma

I have already outlined the beginners routine. I would stay on that particular routine for 1 - 2 months before moving on to this program of which would be the next advancement.

MONDAY; CHEST & BICEPS
INCLINE BENCH/INCLINE DUMBELL PRESS
PRONE HAMMER STRENGTH MACHINE
FLAT DUMBELL FLYES
DIPS

STANDING BARBELL CURL
PREACHER CURL WITH EZ BAR
SEATED ALTERNATE DUMBELL CURL

TUESDAY; LEGS
THIGH EXTENSION
LEG PRESS
SQUAT
HAMSTRING CURL
SEATED CALF RAISES
STANDING CALF RAISES

THURSDAY; SHOULDERS & TRICEPS
SHOULDER PRESS (not behind neck)
DUMBELL SIDE LATERALS
BENT OVER DUMBELL REAR LATERALS

TRICEP ROPE PUSHDOWNS
INCLINE EZ BAR EXTENSIONS TO FOREHEAD
BENCH DIPS (hands by your side on edge of bench, feet higher on another bench)

FRIDAY; BACK & TRAPS
HAMMER STRENGTH PULLDOWNS
BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS
T-BAR ROWS
CABLE ROWS

BARBELL SHRUGS OFF RACK

With the first exercise i would always warm up with 4 sets, there after i would use 3 sets.
Reps being 15, 12, 8, 6 respectively.

I followed a similar routine like this for a further 2 - 3 years after my beginners routine.

i notice you train chest with bi`s ,and then tricepts with shoulders , back with tricepts
so bi`s and tri`s get trained twice a week ,yep
how do you find this routine ? as opposed to training back/bi`s , and chest /tricepts

Monday, biceps get trained directly.
Thursday, triceps get trained directly.

Monday, triceps get trained indirectly.
Friday, biceps get trained indirectly.

The purpose of this is to hammer your bis and tris when they are fresh.

When a muscle gets trained indirectly it recovers very quickly so this program works very well.

So in theory, arms only get trained directly once... not twice!

19" arms (cold) at 5ft 5 is my result!