• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A good site to get weight plates from?

biggest_kid

Hey guys does anyone know of a good site/place to get weight plates from?

Im asking this because my local(Cairns, Queensland) sports stores sell 20kg weight plates for about 60-80$, and the cheapest 20kg plate ive found online is 40$. So as u can see even with shipping costs im pretty sure its cheaper to buy online.

Also if there is any other cheap places i can get em feel free to mention it.

Thanks a lot,
biggest_kid

I bought a heap yesterday, scored some decent ones cheap from Cash Converters, and the rest from a fitness shop clearing out all their plates. Ring around and get different prices mate and always ask that if your buying a fair amount would they do it cheaper.

i tried crime convertors S/H weights were dearer than new ones try gumtree i got some from befit when they have a % sale now and then cheers

Try ebay!!!!

There are lots of bargains there at times, just bought some Kettlebells on there for very very cheap, about half of what the cheapest shops sell it for and it was about half hour drive from home pick up.

Picked up a $650 heavy duty upright punching bag, 6 foot tall for $190 on there as well, about 10 minutes drive from my place, was as new, the guy had bought it for his kids doing martial arts, they kicked it twice and quit to do soccer, it was like brand new:)

Just got to be patient, and have a bit of luck.

I am pretty happy with Little Bloke Fitness in Coburg. Nearly as cheap as buying secondhand on ebay and great to deal with.

Do you have one in WA, getting stuff here is pricey :p

There's a guy in Osborne park who is selling rubber coated plates for $2.70/kg to $2.90/kg which is not too bad. I was set to buy some off him but he ran out of 20's and I was too impatient to wait.

Gumtree is good for smaller std plates and occasionally 10s or 20s but I just got most of mine from orbit or wherever. Oly plates came from gymdirect with squat rack etc.