• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Body building lifestyle cost me my relationship.

bullshit , fuck me , if she cracked the shits over that she has problems , you're better off without her

this happens all the time in the US.
its why most guys date strippers.
the gym claims another victim.
check my thread on cheating.
keeps me in touch with the mortals.

sounds like a good decision. At the end of the day, no one wants a party animal not unless your single

If you want to have a relationship your probably gonna have to do somethings that your partner wants to do rather than just what you want.

If you think about it, serious bodybuilding is quite a selfish activity and requires a lot of dedication and comittment.
Alot of people around you won't understand this or be able to deal with it.
It's definitely not a balanced lifestyle and can be extreme.
But you got to do what's important for you, at the time.
You have to decide if the sacrifices you make are worth it.
When you get older, you'll probably see things a lot differently to the way you see them now.
A balanced lifestyle is a good lifestyle.

Certainly not in this situation, but in the future if you want to have a decent relationship you may have to cut away the eating every 3 hours thing and just eater bigger meals. It's not going to make a difference unless you're planning on getting on stage. Also changing your programming to something like 3 x 2 hr sessions rather than 5 or 6 hr sessions so you can actually have a life outside the gym.

The main thing though is if you don't want to drink, there's absolutely 0% chance of you having a good relationship with a party girl. It was for the best mate.

Good luck.

At the end of the day mate you made a fkn excellent decision not to drink and to fuck off the "party life". Its the same decision i made 18 months ago and i have never been happier.

Not once did my missus ever say to me she wanted me to drink and has never offered me alcohol since i decided to stop drinking. She is actually proud of me and loves telling her friends she has a 23 year boyfriend that doesnt drink. You should see some of her friends reactions, they cant comprehend the fact i dont drink.

If yours decided partying was more important, she obviously wasnt the right chick for you.

At the end of the day though mate, now that you have made this decision to better yourself. Would you really want a girlfriend that is going out and getting smashed every weekend?

Smash the weights my friend. The iron will always be there for you :D

Mate if she couldn't handle that, she wasn't that serious about you obviously.

As Hulk said, a balanced lifestyle is a good one.

I read an article about a bloke in Flex a while back. he said if he had his time over, he would have furthered his studies and got a good career as well as continued training etc..

As mentioned above.

Get somebody that's into the gym too, like attracts like.

I'm glad my girlfriend is a fitness fanatic.

Yep, as stated, I reckon if training is a big part of your life you need to find a chick who is into the same, at least she can relate and understand why you do what you do. At the very least a chick who is sporty.