• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

aaah? lump on top of shin??

GHOSTrun

I actually don't have any knee pain, but on my right leg where the patella tendon attaches I think there's something wrong. Here is a pic of the hard lump that is there. And I mean hard, it feels like bone, zero 'squish' when you touch it. It hurts chronic if it's bumped (i.e. if the bar hits it when deadlifting etc). It feels very weak when I try and one leg squat on it. I think I should go an see someone about it :S

leg.jpg

Patella tendonitis. It's a bitch to get rid of once it gets really bad. Common in lifters, especially if your doing Olympic lifts or jumping. Doing any of the Olympic lifts really aggravates mine.

Start doing band TKE's ( read on elitefts.com if you don't know what they are) that seemed to be the only thing i could find help mine.

Should probably go get it checked out by a physio since you have some swelling. They will probably say to ice and take some anti inflams for the swelling which will help also.

osgood schlatters disease, i have it causes alot of pain mainly in squats and running (that's for me) you can search about it, but they say to ice it and when doing exercise to strap it, works so good. All the strapping is putting tape around the leg on the lump with a fair bit of pressure.
Worst pain is when playing rugby league and someone hits you right there in a tackle, fucking PAIN.

osgood schlatters disease, i have it causes alot of pain mainly in squats and running (that's for me) you can search about it, but they say to ice it and when doing exercise to strap it, works so good. All the strapping is putting tape around the leg on the lump with a fair bit of pressure.
Worst pain is when playing rugby league and someone hits you right there in a tackle, fucking PAIN.

This ^

I've had the same problem for years, I made a thread about it a while back - http://ausbb.com/injuries-rehab/12047-pain-just-below-knee.html

Pain for me usually comes and goes, icing helps for sure.