• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Olympic Bar (Do i need to go all out?)

Hazardous1

Hi all,

Starting my small home gym on a student budget and require an Olympic Bar. Is it worth (what extra benefits do i get) going all out (for me that is $200) and getting this bar rated at 600kg (cool supporting a member/)

220cm Olympic Barbell_Thrust Bearing_Rated 600kg

or

getting settling for this bar for $120 rated at 320kg

220cm Olympic Barbell (700lbs)

I'm leaning towards the cheaper bar as I'm not a heavy lifter or have the frame (163cm 63kg).

How do i go about getting the 10% discount as well?

Thanks in advance

+1 on the 600kg bar mate.
I've got a few bars and stuff from Adrian at GymDirect, and it's all top quality.

Tonight I had a guy squat 180kg x 21, 250 x 2, and attempt a new PB of 290kg raw, and the bar still looks like it's rolled out of the box.

I'm sure it will last you a life time.
Buy quality the first time.

Buy the first one. Dont undermine yourself. Your not a lifter yet. But you will be. Do it right the first time

All in favour say I. "I" x 3

All appose......*cough*

Will have to wait a few weeks until I get the spare $80. Thanks guys good advice buy quality first time.

Do I just email Adrian or PM him from here?

Agreed with everyone. get weights as cheap as you can, but do not skimp out on barbells.