• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BODY BUILDERS/ pro athletes that have died very young possibly from steroid use.

thechosenone

Was just thinking about it. Its very sad like the likes of eddie guarraro from the wwe dying from a heart attack from to many years of steroid abuse. Anyone know of any popular body builders or other athletes dying very young from a heart attack or something similiar?

Just a couple that come to mind..

Mohamed Benzziza (diuretics helped)
Andreas Munzer

Chris Benoit killed his family and commited suicide. He had Brain disease brought on by way to many concussions+ the steroids and depression something in his head just must have snapped

That's different. That is physcological and can't be directly linked to drug abuse.

BJ Johns

New Zealand bodybuilder.

One of my friends was on a plane with him and told me what happened to him. Heart attack at 34 years old.

And these deaths were 100% steroid related??? How many ppl have heart attacks etc at a young age without ever touching a steroid ....prob alot more than ppl who use lol.

Funny thread.

And these deaths were 100% steroid related??? How many ppl have heart attacks etc at a young age without ever touching a steroid ....prob alot more than ppl who use lol.

Funny thread.

Did you read the title of the thread?
The people mentioned above took steroids and their deaths were "possibly" due to steroid usage.
Some more probably than possibly.

Last edited:
Did you read the title of the thread?
The people mentioned above took steroids and their deaths were "possibly" due to steroid usage.
Some more probably than possibly.

Yea I did just frustrates me when ppl think that their deaths could possibly of be caused by steroids...we will never know...what we can say tho by the amount of ppl who use steroids its a very high chance that these deaths had nothing to do with steroid use.

Was just thinking about it. Its very sad like the likes of eddie guarraro from the wwe dying from a heart attack from to many years of steroid abuse. Anyone know of any popular body builders or other athletes dying very young from a heart attack or something similiar?

There's been well over 70+ pro wrestler deaths in the last 10 years, under the age of 50.

Mainly due to their lifestyle.

Steroid related, recreational drugs, shot, car accidents, suicides, list goes on.

Remember the Von Erich family?

Davey Boy Smith
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Benoit
Dino Bravo
Brian Pillman
Ric Rude
Hercules Hernandez
Test
Crash Holly

List goes on and on

I'm glad I met a few before they passed away, Curt Henning, Road Warrior Hawk and The Big Boss Man.

I think its quite funny how steriods get blamed for killing all these people, yet they are used every day by doctors to save a lot more people.

I think HIV people have used them successfully to treat their condition, people with Musclar Attrophy problems. Athsmatics used a type of steriod. Footballers use cortizone shots a lot and they are steriods.

It isn't steriods that kill people, it's miss use and other contributing factors or conditions!

Using steroids as a means to increase you bulk so you can look bigger than someone else is not a healthy pursuit.

There's been well over 70+ pro wrestler deaths in the last 10 years, under the age of 50.

Mainly due to their lifestyle.

Steroid related, recreational drugs, shot, car accidents, suicides, list goes on.

Remember the Von Erich family?

Davey Boy Smith
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Benoit
Dino Bravo
Brian Pillman
Ric Rude
Hercules Hernandez
Test
Crash Holly

List goes on and on

I'm glad I met a few before they passed away, Curt Henning, Road Warrior Hawk and The Big Boss Man.

This and drinking would be to blame more so than steroid use.

This and drinking would be to blame more so than steroid use.

How do you know that. Just like you said, you don't know for sure that steroids harmed them.

Seriously, while steroids are great drugs does anyone really think using steroids in dosages of many times natural levels for long periods of time is not going to have negative side effects just like any drug.

How do you know that. Just like you said, you don't know for sure that steroids harmed them.

Seriously, while steroids are great drugs does anyone really think using steroids in dosages of many times natural levels for long periods of time is not going to have negative side effects just like any drug.

When you compare how many ppl die from rec drugs and how many ppl have maybe died of steroid use its a fairly clear cut sign that drinking and rec drugs are alot more dangerous than steroids...yes I agree long term use at high doses and/or abusing steroids or any drug for that matter can lead to health problems...but are thoughts on steroids have been mainly based on what the media has said.

Its like the wrestler that killed his family - 1st thing the media came to was his steroid use caused this....no it didnt lol....the dude most of had mental problems regardless of steroids or not...what about all the other drugs he prob would of been taking...rec drugs would be more likely to drive u to kill someone or kill yourself due to health problems.

I would go as far to say that heavy drinking causes more risk in regards to health than steroid use.

Well your answering a question I didn't even ask. I don't doubt the risk or drinking or doing rec drugs. Thats was never my point.

It's not as clear cut as your saying. Many many more people drink than do steroids so of course there are more deaths from drinking. There are less deaths from drinking arsenic than drinking alcohol, doesn't mean it's safer.

I don't care if people use steroids but some here are kidding themselves when going on about how safe it is.

Using any drug is never safe...always risks....but the build up on how dangerous steroids are is over the top...simple as that.

Using any drug is never safe...always risks....but the build up on how dangerous steroids are is over the top...simple as that.

Exactly there are always risks. Heard a doctor say this
" all drugs are poisons what matters is the dose".

I agree the media do go overboard on steroids but others usually bodybuilders and powerlifters go the opposite way and way understate the risks.

It's not the drugs that kill these people it's they and their abuse of these drugs that kill them.

If a heroin addict od's he has killed himself. I have know addicts that live normal lives and live healthy because they don't use to extrememes. It's the person that kills themself not the drug.

It's like saying it's the guns fault for shooting someone and not the person pulling the trigger.