• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Straps

+1 For UGE. Nick is a top bloke.

But as christian asked, what are you rowing? If your not rowing at least 100kg, or deadlifting 4 plates you should work on your grip strength. Dont put a band-aid on a broken leg.

i dont think you should be quick to dismiss the use of straps.

if your grip is good, there is no reason not to use them so that you can get more out of the exercise.

not using them could be worse for your training.

But if your grip is that good it shouldn't be limiting you? I only time I see a use is if your doing a shit load of volume.

Thats a shit load to rowing, in that case I think exceptions can be made. I only had a normal lifter in mind wanting them for their 120kg deadlifts.

Yeah I agree, they should not be used as a crutch. Il put them on around 160 and up for rows, and only use them for heavy axle deadlifts. Normal deads don't need them.

But a person like you doesn't come on forums asking about straps.

Your the minority of people we try to help here :p

Using straps for rack pulls and shrugs, racked pulled 190kg 2 weeks ago but couldn't lift 200kg last thurs, hence the straps