• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sad ramblings of a pathetic human

knoted

It looks like my marriage is about to end. I've been with her for a bit over 7 years, and been married for a bit over 3. We have a 2 year old son and 4 month old daughter.

Over the past years I've fucked 5 different women for a total of 7 times.

First was a random while away on a business trip about 5 years ago.

Second was a woman I sort of knew who used to work for the same organisation as me on an ANZAC day while my wife was 8 months pregnant with our (convieved through IUI) son, 2 months before deploying to Afghanistan.

Third was a random about a week after getting back from Afghanistan, while on another 5 day business trip.

Fourth was a dirty fat minga who was on my course while in Adelaide for 2 months. Twice. Ugh.

Fifth was a bird I met on the most recent ANZAC day. This is where it got messy. I foolishly exchanged telephone numbers with the girl, and over the next two weeks while I was out bush we exchanged a lot of smutty text messages, phone calls, picture messages, etc. This, of course, got me thinking the grass was greener, and was the start of my downfall.

I've been occasionally fighting off depression since a few serious medical issues a few years back, and it's not that hard for me to get back into some pretty black moods.

It came to a bit of a head last saturday when I decided I was going out to meet her (the woman from ANZAC day), telling my wife I was going to a mates birthday. I hadn't spoken to my wife all day because I was in a shit mood and being a bitch basically. I'd just about packed my bags to leave earlier that afternoon already.

She went into a rage because I wasn't talking to her, put her foot through a wall twice (probably has a broken toe), and I ended up telling her that I cheated on her. She knew about the Adelaide minga, and I volunteered the most recent one. Obviously she was upset, but at the end of it, she wanted to work through it. She convinved me to not go out.

Shortly after she went to bed, so I went to the bar on base (15 minute walk). She called me there saying she was feeling ill and I needed to look after the kids. So I called a cab and went into town to where the other woman was going to be...

We ended up fucking again, and I didn't get home until 0330. On storming into the spare room at 0630, I blatantly lied when directly questioned, saying I didn't fuck her again (apparently the wife recognized the smell of her perfume on my jacket, the same as my suit from ANZAC day that she had dry cleaned for me).

Later that Sunday my wife asked if I had anything else to tell her, to which I responded "no".

Monday, I call the girl saying we wouldn't communicate anymore.

While driving after work my wife was relentlessly questioning me about details, and I gave up and told her everything... I spent monday night in emergency accomodation on base, and have spent the last two nights in live in accomodation.

I went home yesterday after work for 10 minutes to pick up more clothes (I'm riding my bike everywhere mind, we only have one car) but didn't really talk as I was nearly falling over and couldn't see straight I had such a sleep deprivation build up. I Had about 10 hours sleep last night so am feeling sort of normal again. I need to get to bed at a decent hour for the next week though.

Talking tonight makes me think we aren't going to get through this. I've told her I will fix it, make it better, etc, but she obviously can't believe a word I say now.

I am committed to doing just what the fuck I say I'm going to do, and not doing what I say I won't whichever way it works out. It's not very convincing to my wife of course.

She did go through my phone and made me delete my phone history to make sure I had gotten rid of the other womans details, which I actually think is a positive. If she wasn't even considering taking me back she wouldn't have bothered.

But now it makes me wonder if I have it in me to subject myself to the interogations, mistrust, and everything else that is going to come over the next few years. I felt anger when she went through my phone.

Oh, and my wife was the other woman while I was living with my ex-girlfriend.

Getting deeper, I think I don't respect her in this way because she loves me more and finds me more attractive than I do her.

But fuck, I'm probably just an arrogant ****.

Now, there isn't really any point to this, but two tips for young players.

1. Imbalance in a relationship isn't good. You'd better find her smokin'.

2. Never, Never, exchange phone numbers if you pick up a random while in a relationship. If the guilt doesn't get you, the "what ifs" or your missus will catch you out.

Firstly - Sorry to hear about your relationship issues. Its going to be a tough time..

Being married myself i know how hard it is sometimes to not cheat and being a male u cant help human nature..

Great advice knots..

I agree -
Ill say it once ill say it twice.. if your wife to be isnt in your eyes HOT or next to your ideal DONT get married.. U got to spend 50 years with this person.

Ive seen my mates who married ugly/inferior women to them who were never close to their capabilities and my mates ended up cheating on them every week.

Of course the worst thing is my kids growing up without a dad at home most of the time. I don't think my wife would try and keep them from me, but my job isn't exactly conducive to a stable family environment.

And living with the fact that I fucked two relationships the same way...

Knoted, you made the hardest step by admitting your problem. Takes a lot of guts in my opinon.
You have identified what you wanted and your right. Work on your relationship and stop talking about "I'll fix this". Just do and don't think about the unknown factors. Take one step at a time.

I'm reading this book at the moment called for one more day by mitch albom. I came across these guidelines for a successful marriage,
1. Love your wife
2. Love your children
3. Love your marriage. There will be times where you will hate each other and times where you won't talk to each other. Those times are perfect for looking at old photos and going down memory lane (just simplying remembering why you got married in the first place)

Im not married by i have been caught out canoodling with other women.

Wow... thats intense...

i think you just have to now workout whats important to you...
sleepign with other woman or your WIFE and KIDS. will it be worth saving. if you think it is, you should do it. get some HELP, change jobs if you have to.
its never going to be perfect but its not meant to be.
you say you dont want to be sudject to mistrust and so on and interogations... .. well
why should she trust you straight away? youve done the wrong you need to now regain the trust and work on things. its not going to be easy but you should do it to at least prove to yourself you can fix things.

good luck dude

I started reading this expecting to see "and I noticed a big crack in my squat rack..." but I was way off.

Bad luck dude.

Get some help - seriously. You are serially committing harmful acts to people you love with no thought to the consequences.

I should know - the wife and I are in therapy for the same thing, and I've learned what it is to do this to someone.

Get to a psychologist, it doesn't matter which one, or where, but do it now - and start talking. He/she will do the rest.

Wow thats pretty insane!!

I know your sorry and want to work on it etc - but lets say if the hottest woman walked into your office now and said fuck me would u do it?

Like the above poster said I think you need help to work out why you do this....its more than just wanting a fuck...

I hope you guys can work it out and live a happy live together and be able to trust eachother...if you cant re-build trust if its even possible now then the relationship will always struggle I would say.

I started reading this expecting to see "and I noticed a big crack in my squat rack..." but I was way off.

Bad luck dude.

I don't think luck has had anything to do with my current situation.

I'm currently waiting for a call from the psych office to make an appointment.

I don't think luck has had anything to do with my current situation.

I'm currently waiting for a call from the psych office to make an appointment.

Good on you mate - talking to professionals really helps and eventually, once you take responsibility for your actions (and you sound like you are willing to get there), this will just seem like a blip in a long road to happiness.

Well done. Follow through.

Good on ya mate for realising that you have a big issue here and seeking professional help. In all seriousness I think your kids need to come first in this instance while you work everything out. You need to have a serious discussion with the wife that she wont belittle you or make negative comments and such whenever the kids are in the house or within earshot. I know the thought of growing up without seeing your kids much must be heartbreaking, however, how are the kids going to perceive and judge you if your wife cannot get over you throwing one up other women and keeps making sly comments, or you both keep arguing. I know from my own kids and kids in the classroom, that they hear everything and are much more aware of whats going on than we realise.

Blunt - It's all over, she will never trust you again despite what she says.

You made a mistake, move on. The divorce will be messy though.

It takes a real man to make a commitment and stick to it... Remember that through concealing if your committed to making it work and your partner is it can't not work.

Well it's over as of today. We've had a few counselling sessions but though I wanted it in my head, my heart didn't. She was the opposite. She wanted to work through it, but I just don't love her anymore (or enough, I'm not sure).

She'll be moving back to the Gold Coast as soon as practicable, which is fucked because I won't get to see my kids outside of leave. I'm currently living in a 3m x 4m room on base, eating at the mess. Going to move my stuff out of the house tomorrow. I just have to make sure I don't end up a drunken mess in the next few months. I may add another day or two to my 3 a week training to try and fill in time.

I've got in touch with Vet Affairs who are going to provide a counsellor for me, I've got more than a few demons to work out. Need to go buy a car on the weekend, and considering seeing a solicitor for advice. Fun things to do include opening a new bank account, changing pay, will, next of kin.

The Army has been really good, giving me time off and a free place to live and eat at short notice. I'll also be entitled to a full married quarter house because of the kids, even though I'd be living by myself. Trying to get an appointment with the Psych's has taken fucken forever though, hence me calling DVA.

Time to get busy with getting myself sorted out financially and legally, work, counselling and training...

Now where is that wine bottle?

I've got in touch with Vet Affairs who are going to provide a counsellor for me, I've got more than a few demons to work out. considering seeing a solicitor for advice.

I'm glad for the counselling and psychs can be damn hard to get appts with, so anything is better than nothing at this stage. This will help.

See the solicitor when you can - you'll need to eventually anyway, and this is just good sense to do so now in preparation.

Best wishes to you..

Fully agree with what everyone else has said about the chick you wanting to be with needs to be 100% what you want or you will never be happy.

geeez... some heavy shit.

you really fuked the guts out of that relationship man. props for going to a counsellor though.

It's bloody hard to find a girl youre 100% hot for... i know exactly where youre coming from. ive been in too many relationships to count where i thought i would learn to love them. good advice. its actually making me consider breaking up with my current girl.