• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good ways to deal with depression?

N-J-T

My mother recently took me to the doctors because she was worried about me. The doctor said that i had depression, he reccomended me a counselor which i seen last Friday. She said that it would be a good idea if i talk to people about it. I sort of feel embarrassed to talk to people about it for obvious reasons so i thought i would put it on here and see if anyone on AUSBB can be a help. Has anybody got any suggestions on what i could do to make me feel better?
Has anyone ever suffered from depression? or suffering from depression at the moment?

If anyone can be of help it would be really appreciated
Thanks

Do you have friends, a social life?

Do you play sport, eat healthy?

Are you sleeping enough?

How they can diagnose a 16 yr old with depression is beyond me.

Not everyone is Ronald McDonald. Idk dude, hanging out with mates, lifting heavy weights, music, movies, relaxing all work for me.

How they can diagnose a 16 yr old with depression is beyond me.

Not everyone is Ronald McDonald. Idk dude, hanging out with mates, lifting heavy weights, music, movies, relaxing all work for me.
i might give music a try, i dont really like hanging out with mates much

Can you describe how you feel? Are you motivated for anything? How do you feel day to day?.. Basically what is it that has your mum/the doctor diagnosing you with depression?

Can you describe how you feel? Are you motivated for anything? How do you feel day to day?.. Basically what is it that has your mum/the doctor diagnosing you with depression?
the only thing i really feel motivated to do is go to the gym but not as much as used to be. I never really feel like going to school anymore, My mum took me to the doctor because i sometimes (3-4 times a week) just started crying for no reason. It just feels like nothing is working out for me and it seems like i have nothing to ever look forward to. When i described this in more detail to my counselor and doctor they said that i am suffering from depression and i may have been for most of my life.

the counselling sessions can take time to get used to. if you still feel like you are getting nothing out of them once you've had half a dozen suggestions, try seeing someone else but try something different - if you've been seeing a male counsellor and its not working for you, ask for a referral to female counsellor or vice versa.

Mate when I was 16 - alot of things went on with me and I did go into a depression as such, it was never said that I def had depression or not because I didnt really seak help till late on in everything going on....I missed alot of school (only just past yr 10 because of it), was not motivated to do anything besides the gym and that was only sort of motivated.

Really how I got out of it was focusing all my attention on motivating myself - it was tough because something that shouldnt take much effort took a shit load...also reminding yourself that ur young, you have ur whole life ahead of you etc etc...it was a VERY dark time in my life and I messed ALOT of things up that still affect me to this day....and I wish I could of gone back and changed so many things...so its really upto you to really think about whats wrong and really focus on getting out of this dark place and motivating yourself to do things....get a goal, hang out with good mates, dont go out drinking every weekend or doing drugs to try and cover it up....really use this as a positive thing and a way to improve yourself!

Honestly PM me if u need to ....I have been there and its not fun being on ur own.

Reactions: Azz
Walking helps. I used to walk at the beach alot. Ive switched sand for pavement now as i cant afford to drive to the beach. Walking is good. If you can start a garden they are good and learn to cook... house work helps to take your mind off it.

NJT...i would really like to hug you...reach out to the people who love you and let them in....reach out to the people who can help you and let them in as well.....i dont have an answer on the best way to deal with being depressed...you have to fix whatever it is that is making you so sad...easy said hey....i know first hand how it is not easy...when the darkness comes over and threatens to consume you...you have to find a way to light a candle...or even just a match...cause otherwise, it just gets darker and darker until you can't come out anymore.....thats where you end up at a psychiatrist, on medications....and although things have improved...you find the same reality still eating at you only now its bigger cause it has no bullshit to hide behind....fix what is making you sad...just keep trying....let people help you....i hope your darkness lifts soon NJT...there can be hope within it....you just gotta find it....

I hope someone reads my link...

Post your current daily diet and supplementation if you can please.

Thanks for your help and suggestions, Ill try some of the stuff you have said.

And joel how you described how you felt that is pretty much exactly how i feel at the moment!