• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ultimate Workout Environment

TeamGott

Hi All,

I am looking at opening an old school neighbourhood gym, catering to those who want big weights, hardcore workouts and serious equipment.

So i wanted to put it out there and ask people who are serious about their form and their workouts ...what do you look when your working out?

Any feedback is really helpful.

Ta

People , attitude, atmosphere, style, encouragement, ego's left at the door..these all attribute to what i consider a great environment.

Good people that a supportive of each other and have fun together. A lack of ***** doing stupid shit in the only power rack in my gym. Personal trainers who will actually offer valid and helpful advice/critism. At the gym I frequent they look the other way when someone uses terrible form, I mean spine wrecking form but I get told off for deadlifting as it will hurt my back...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very simple as far as I am concerned.

A good bar and more plates than I can lift.

Spotters and bum chums not needed. The challenge is to lift as many plates as possible. Those inanimate objects mock me. That makes me angry.

It should be the reverse of almost every modern gym: more cages than treadmills, more bars than bikes, more plates than machines and going for that dead PR? The feel free to make as much noise as you need to get you through.

Edit: it's funny, all my mates' dreams are to open a pub. Mine is to open a gym.

Hawt chicks, lots of ez curl bars, smith machines, free frappachino dispenser.

mmmmm hmmmn ;)

love the random bumps,

no members, loud fkin metal playing, close to home....

just like my home gym, if only I could train early in the morning..:mad:

Hawt chicks, lots of ez curl bars, smith machines, free frappachino dispenser.

I have a mate who visited a Russian gym: rusty plates, paint coming off the walls, ACDC blasting from the stereo, torn heavy bags hanging off massive girders. He says it was amazing.

How many power racks and benches are available at all times. Thats why I tried Fitness Zone on the Coast. Great gym because very few people use the strength equipment

16??? shit...

Ours has 1 and 1 power rack... hence the reason I don't go until after 7pm so many Bro's curling and shrugging.

At a quick mental calculation

16 power racks (8 normal hammer strength ones, 8 half racks (matrix from iron edge) for 'crossfit'), about 5-6 leg presses, maybe 12 bench presses?, DB's to 120kg, at least 20 treadmills, 30 bikes, 4 jacobs ladders, 4 stairmasters, 10 rowers... kettlebells, power ropes, prowlers, tyres, about 30 punching bags, a boxing ring, multiple sets of rings, sledgehammers, climbing ropes and stacks of hammer strength, life fitness and nautilus machines...

and it cost me $199 for a year :)

At a quick mental calculation

16 power racks (8 normal hammer strength ones, 8 half racks (matrix from iron edge) for 'crossfit'), about 5-6 leg presses, maybe 12 bench presses?, DB's to 120kg, at least 20 treadmills, 30 bikes, 4 jacobs ladders, 4 stairmasters, 10 rowers... kettlebells, power ropes, prowlers, tyres, about 30 punching bags, a boxing ring, multiple sets of rings, sledgehammers, climbing ropes and stacks of hammer strength, life fitness and nautilus machines...

and it cost me $199 for a year :)

That is awesome. Wish there was a gym like that on the coast:p

Hi All,

I am looking at opening an old school neighbourhood gym, catering to those who want big weights, hardcore workouts and serious equipment.

So i wanted to put it out there and ask people who are serious about their form and their workouts ...what do you look when your working out?

Any feedback is really helpful.

Ta

Where are you located?