• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you deal with children if they arent yours?

kindred

If your in a relationship with someone with a child from a previous relationship how do you deal with the child if they are a total nut job. If it was my child id feel much more comfortable but as it is I dont want to interfere. Any advice?

Easy answer.
Don't get yourself involved in the first place.
Or, get out if you're already in.

Why do you always attract these situations Dreds?

You need to be someone who can be respected. You need to be able to give the child respect.

Been there, done that.... It can be one very messed up situation. Depending on the how the relationship still stands between the father and the girl you are seeing. Im very happy I got out of that situation. I absolutely HAD to finish the relationship, it was mind games after mind games between the mother and the child. I felt constantly played. I didnt have an issue with the child, it was more so the tangle of emotions and confusion that surrounded the girl I was involved with and the father of their child. In the end I relised I was only 25 (at the time) and that life was too short to get so involved with something like this and to deal with a child of this age that would act out more and more.

Also, what is the kid doing?

Last edited:
whatever you do Kindred, you need to work that out with the girl first. 'cause if you're committed to the girl at all, then essentially you're playing dad to the kid, and so you need the girl to be okay with you acting with respect and authority. that's my take.

The kid just gets heaps angry and no matter what anyone does freaks out and gets violent. runs off and crys for ages. Sounds normal but when it happens no matter what anyone does the kid stays all freaked out hardcore. People can yell not yell reason seriously no matter what the kids just gets ANGRY.

The father sees her once every second weekend other than that has no contact. The mother cant stand him she was the one that left. Shes been out of that relationship for 4 or 5 years now and has had a few boyfriends in that time. Not a crazy amount just a normal amount i guess three i think. I am number 4 :p

Maybe all these new strange men coming and going all the time scare and confuse the poor girl.

pretty sure there are no quick fixes for that situation. sounds like the kid needs stability and some decent care.

The kid just gets heaps angry and no matter what anyone does freaks out and gets violent. runs off and crys for ages. Sounds normal but when it happens no matter what anyone does the kid stays all freaked out hardcore. People can yell not yell reason seriously no matter what the kids just gets ANGRY.

The father sees her once every second weekend other than that has no contact. The mother cant stand him she was the one that left. Shes been out of that relationship for 4 or 5 years now and has had a few boyfriends in that time. Not a crazy amount just a normal amount i guess three i think. I am number 4 :p

How old is this kid mate? The poor kid is probably confused, happy home gets broken apart and is stuck with mum and has had to deal with at least 3 other blokes hanging around and now you so who really knows how many other blokes have been around since the breakup. Kid is wondering what the fuck happened and how long is this shit going to last with the bloke thats on the scene now. Poor kid probably hears her bagging the dad all the time, yet still has a sense of loyalty towards the dad, yet cant talk to the mum about him because she despises him.