• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where is the best place to get a cheap TV from?

I'd recommend Kogan, they are meant to be really good, opened this thread to link them, but guess Hulk beat me to it..

Yeah kogan is way to go.

If you buy a cheap one from a retail store usually around 400 bucks they will say full hd 1080p and all that jazz, but they don't show the bad color ect.

I just finsished up at a major electronic company that makes 3dtv's etc...

I can tell you.

Kogan uses 5 year old panels in their units and their led's are very bad quality.

A tv is a big buy. Save the extra and grab a Samsung for LCD LED or panasonic for plasma.

At my company we used to get 30% off rrp but i found better deals on EBAY

Coz of the ozzie dollar all the tvs in australia are really cheap...plus all the major dealers are subsidising their units coz we are currently in a price war.

You can pick up a 52" for under 1k if you loook hard enough.

Buy brand. Dont be impulsive. Look hard and if you buy online for godsake verify the warranty and pick it up yourself.

:)

If you have patience, maybe wait a few months. The new smart tvs are going to bring the other tv's down a bit.

I bought my hd 52" from jb hifi for $600 went in with cash and asked for better price got the price off them then told them im going to another supplier to see what deals they can give and the guy worked out even better price walked out with TV and dvd player cheaper than what the Tv was alone

I bought my hd 52" from jb hifi for $600 went in with cash and asked for better price got the price off them then told them im going to another supplier to see what deals they can give and the guy worked out even better price walked out with TV and dvd player cheaper than what the Tv was alone

Nice mate, gonna keep that in mind.

The mentioning of 'checking other suppliers' lol

You get a LED/LCD or Plasma?

JB HiFi, IME. Good to deal with, very cheap, and can often do an even better deal. I've heard the Good Guys are also, er, good.

Good Guys have been awful in my experience. The guy at JB Hifi seemed honest, told me that the TV i was looking at was soon to be replaced by the manufacturer by a newer model so offered to take it down to cost-price.

I usually get a couple of prices from various places and then make up my own price which is cheaper then quoted and hit the stores up again asking then to price match or beat and they can usually beat the price you make up provided it isn't too much below the actual prices you were quoted, give a try works a treat