• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Twinge in the hammy

tat maytals

On the weekend I was having a chat to a mate. He's one of those guys that gets a spark of interest in something, but then reads up almost too much on things and thinks he knows more than he does without having actually participated in whatever it is he is interested in. So he's into lifting and getting big at the moment. He basically told me that you cant eat carbs, you have to do a split routine and you can't exercise more than once every 48 hours.

I told him people who thought that are pussies lol. Turns out he got a little offended by that. So I told him to show him thats wrong I would go the whole month of may, eating carbs, doing compound lifts and lifting every monday-saturday of the month, only having sundays off. As long as I eat and sleep enough my lifts will still go up, also I am still a beginner so the noob gains will help there.

Anyway, first session of the month, first working set of squats, I got a twinge in my hammy. Bit of pain. Couldn't put my whole weight on it. However, I gave it a couple of little stretches. Pushed through at a low weight to complete the working sets, then finished off with some dips. Had a proper stretch, came home and showered then ate a bucket of food. Have rested it pretty well so far and it's feeling pretty much fine now.

Any ideas on what it could have been? It feels like they will be ready for some deads tomorrow.

Last edited:
Plenty of warm up sets too for squats/deads.

If there is something there you want it to show up as a niggle @70% rather than blow out @100%

Backed up today with deads and press. Not a problem.

Legs are a little sore now, but nothing a jumbo hot burger from ogalo cant fix ;)