• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

People who are never wrong

TrentZor

There's a guy at work who cannot admit his wrong. Even if 20 people told him the sky wad blue and he had his mind set on it being pink he wouldn't budge.

See there's a lot of people on forums and real life who are not open to changing even when proven wrong even if presented with facts.

Then again these idiots make me look better at the corporate meetings while he stays where he is or has been for the last 10 years

Too many people think admitting they are wrong ad a sign of weakness. I see it as a sign of growth and maturity with the concept to learn.

Now I'm happy to admit Ive made mistakes. I would tell my kids to make mistakes as long as they learn from them.

If your never scared, embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take risks. Julia soul

What do you do when people tell you you are doing something wrong but you want to do it anyway? For example today in the gym a decorated seasoned lifter came up and offered some advice; told me not to bounce at the bottom of the squat because it will lead to knee reconstructive surgery down the track, he's been training for 33years and seen it all etc. How do you say "I know you're right, but I want to keep training like this anyway" without coming across like an ignorant fool or a stuckup punk know it all?

Just say "I'll take that on board mate"

Thank you, come again. :)
apu-nahasapeemapetilon-simpsons.jpg

Oh wow, this frustrates me, a lot and I don't know why, makes me disappointed with the human race.. How hard is it to (realise) and admit you are wrong, change whatever it was and then become better at it (or life)..

Denial is the brains way of protecting its ego. As in you wouldnt admit you were wrong if you would be subsequently humiliated as a result - which is sometimes the case. Regardless of whether someone actually gives them sht or they just feel humiliated without external stimulus. Negative reinforcement I guess. Maybe their parents were hard on them or they still have a chip on their shoulder from when their parents didnt pick them up from soccer practice, and so the kid had to stand in the rain for an hour, even though they told them like 9 times the day before that it ends at 7, not 8, but NOOOO they have to take my sister to fucking ballet!

I am currently having a melt down because it seems EVERYONE I know now is like this. Its not good. I miss drinking.

Denial is the brains way of protecting its ego. As in you wouldnt admit you were wrong if you would be subsequently humiliated as a result - which is sometimes the case. Regardless of whether someone actually gives them sht or they just feel humiliated without external stimulus. Negative reinforcement I guess. Maybe their parents were hard on them or they still have a chip on their shoulder from when their parents didnt pick them up from soccer practice, and so the kid had to stand in the rain for an hour, even though they told them like 9 times the day before that it ends at 7, not 8, but NOOOO they have to take my sister to fucking ballet!

Or your mother ran you over with her car, your brother poisoned you, your teacher threated to take you outside and smashed your head against the wall until you learnt some sort of lesson that still illudes you to this day because your to busy living in fear of irrational people that dont care if they are wrong as long as your spirits are crushed... or that could just be me.

I have 2 people like this in my workplace..... can't admit fault and blame the next person along.....

I'll quite often admit that I'm wrong (I quite often need to as well lol).

I'll also take the fall in a group situation. This has earnt me respect and promotions in my career as I've been able to identify issues and learn from them.

Ive known a few people like this....even relatives lol...they think they're experts on every fuarrrrrrken subject. Then they make a statement you know for a fact is dead wrong and they get exposed for the bullshit artistes that they are.

Sometimes I find it irritating, sometimes amusing.