• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fat Bars

dandexter

Where do I buy a fat bar from? I'v been looking all over for them, so far I can't find any place that sells them. Anyway links or info would be great.

Thanks

Thanks guys

@ Greyham
Pretty sure that would be very hard to grip, 50mm thick and smooth. Plus I want it to use it for my lighter deadlifts as well, therefore i'd need to be able to change the weight.

Also I saw somewhere something you could clip around a normal bar to make it thicker when you want. However I can't find it again, anyone know what i'm talking about and can link me?

Last edited:
The welded cast iron plates are to stop the other plates sliding onto your hands lol. Weld them a 'normal' collar width in from the ends so you've got room for plates
Dunno bout grip issues though

Grip4orce are more beneficial to grip strength and forearm development as you hold them closed around the bar rather than just sit the grips in your hand. One of my sponsored guys uses them for improving grip strength on deadlifts. He lifts around 295kg with no grip issues.
They can also fit round alot more types of bars and attachments because of the design, meaning you could take them to a gym and use them on machines if you wished.

Fuck me, why did i look at this thread. I get the Fat Grip Ads everywhere, on this site, youtube, facebook. Lol

Some clever marketing out there i tell yah.